InMobi is well known for its culture and has been named number 15 on Fast Company’s list of The World’s Most Innovative Companies for 2016, while being ranked number 1 in the Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in India.
The primary reason any company succeeds in business is because of their people. We are all aware of the time and investment that is required to hire each one at your company.
InMobi’s technology brand speaks for itself. We look for people who are crazy about what they do, and know how to get it done. At a strength of 900+, we are present around the world and are growing in the mobile ad industry every day.
Related Article: How To Create Stunning Employer Brand For Your Startup
Why get into talent branding?
Talent branding is immensely important to every employer. It is one aspect that has really allowed InMobi to innovate in attracting talent in a way that no company does.
We focus on talent branding for three important reasons:
- It ensures high quality of people applying to us
- We get 5 times more relevant candidates interested in roles at the company
- 95% drop in the cost of hiring at InMobi, as you can lower your reliance on agencies
How DoSelect helped InMobi build a strong pool of technical talent
We are always looking to do things in a different way at InMobi. Our people strategy is about the smallest actions that can cause the biggest impact. When we were approached by DoSelect to host an online hackathon we loved their passion, approach and the scalability of their platform. Additionally, we felt that their platform for uniquely showcasing our people practices made a lot of sense. So, we decided to host InMobi CodeFest with them, and the results were superb.
We had an access to the talent pool of 30,000 odd strict-diet developers who might fit into InMobi, out of which 5,000 attended InMobi CodeFest. Of that number, around 60% of the developers were from elite colleges and are now a part of InMobi’s talent pool.
To put this in perspective, we hire close to about 200 engineers in a year; and in one single month, InMobi had filtered out 400 of the country’s best developers through DoSelect. We don’t need to worry about our hiring for the next two years at the mid-experience and fresher level.
“We hire close to about 200 engineers in a year and in one single month InMobi had filtered out 400 of the country’s best developers through DoSelect.”
Reasons we chose DoSelect
- An amazing platform to identify high bar technical talent. You can test them on programming languages to API’s and frameworks
- We saw them as a great partner for amplification to our branding, our culture and really pushing the message that we are more than just a job
- A fantastic team that gets what employer branding means to us and helped us in achieving our vision
Kevin’s guide to employer branding
- Keep organising regular campaigns on your relevant channels to keep the audience engaged. Tweet this
- Your employees are the biggest brand and what they speak about you matters more than you think. Involve them first. Tweet this
- A company’s brand should be accessible through major touch points like careers pages, social media pages. Tweet this
- Focus on your audience and how they can engage with your brand. Tweet this