A Deep Dive On India’s Tech & Startup Economy
Join our exclusive community of business leaders & makers for in-depth tech stories and intelligence on India’s tech economy you won’t find elsewhere
- Fortnightly Playbooks On Upcoming Trends
- Exclusive Research Reports On Frontier Industries
- Member-Only Commentary & Newsletters
- 3x Weekly Member Exclusive Stories
- In-Depth Guides On Starting & Scaling Up By Industry Experts
- $150K+ Worth Deals & Discounts On Curated Startup Tools
- Member-Only Events
- Community Perks & More
- Enjoy A Clutter-Free Experience
- Get Deeper Access To Our Journalists
- Help Shape Our Coverage By Joining Our Community
- Support Independent Journalism
What You Get
Exclusive In-Depth Stories & Newsletters
Through a combination of articles, provocative insights, and exclusive analysis, stay informed about everything you need to shape your business decisions, both now and in the future.Join Now
Playbooks On Upcoming Trends
Twice a month, we take you on a deep dive into the people, companies and events
defining the Indian startup economy.
India’s Mission Agritech
Once least favoured, agritech is today betted as one of the most resilient sectors. The pandemic has further pushed farmers to leverage technology offered by the startups in the space, thereby making the sector a hotspot of investments. Is India’s agritech on the brink of a permanent transformation or the newly-found success a passing cloud? This playbook explores!
India's Digital Lending Reset
India’s digital lending sector is currently in a reset mode as the contracting GDP, moratorium, & Covid-19 has forced companies to adopt digital, review credit models & more. This playbook takes a deep dive into the challenges and new pathways adopted by digital lending startups for survival and scale!
Dissecting India’s Healthtech
India's healthtech startups were growing rapidly even before the pandemic, but Covid-19 has ushered in a new age. This series dives into the trends, startups business models emerging in the wake of Covid-19.
What You'll Learn?
- A nuanced analysis of new trends and the startups spearheading healthtech revolution in India
- An extensive review of the changes brought in by technology within India's healthcare system
- How technology is making India's healthcare future-ready
India's Digital Entertainment Hype
“With the rise of the internet, “attention” became the new currency! Covid19, however, has created a paradigm shift in the way we consume content and the way people socialize online. In this playbook, we delve into the new attention economy – new models, emerging players and trends in the world of social media, news apps, audio and video streaming, online games and more.”
What You'll Learn?
- How tech is solving the decades old problems of efficiency.
- Behind the new age technologies building the India's farms of the future.
- s building tech enough? Have a ringside view on what would really drive adoption.
India's Electric Future
India is electrifying its vehicles, but is it enough to reach 30% penetration by 2030? Deep dive into what really needs to be done to help India become a 'true' EV nation.
What You'll Learn?
- The current and future market size of the electric vehicle sector and the opportunities being created to cater this burgeoning market.
- The impact on climate as a result of electrification of automobiles and the other challenges behind India's ambitious EV mission.
- What India can learn from the US & China on EV adoption.
India's Edtech Moment
Technology is upending the traditional ways of teaching and learning. What does the future of education hold?
What You'll Learn?
- How tech is redefining 21st century education as the threats of automation and the gig economy loom large.
- A deep dive into the future of teaching and learning and how edtech is redefining it.
- Indepth analysis of some of the biggest trends and companies changing the education landscape in India.
Research Reports On Frontier Industries
DataLabs helps today’s leading entrepreneurs, investors and innovators make data-backed decisions using our
insightful charts and incisive research reports on India's rapidly evolving startup economy.
The Future Of Edtech In India: Decoding The $10 Bn Market Opportunity
Taking into account that the pandemic has brought plenty of momentum for edtech adoption in India, the market size of edtech is estimated to grow 3.7x in the next five years in India, from $2.8 Bn (2020) to $10.4 Bn (2025).
In this report, Inc42 Plus presents a deeper analysis of the state of the Indian education market and its technocentric future with a focus on both the consumer side and the business side of the market. The report includes aspects such as the brand equity score of edtech startups, financial analysis of the top startups, details about the EBITDA-positive startups, paid userbase, and emerging new business opportunities along with the relevant market risk.
Esports In India: Market Landscape Report 2020
India’s online gaming market recorded an impressive addressable base of 365 Mn gamers and created an estimated market value of $742.2 Mn in FY20. Mobile gaming contributed over 85% to this value and the revenue for online gaming startups. The growth in online gaming over the past few years can be attributed to the proliferation of smartphone users in the country, increasing internet penetration, the higher youth population and growing consumer interest in gaming thanks to the popularity of mobile games.
Esports accounted for around 4% of all online gaming users and 9.13% of aggregated revenue out of the overall online gaming market in FY20. The aggregated market revenue of the esports industry is estimated to be $68 Mn in FY20. Several opportunities have emerged in the esports industry in India in the past few years such as game streaming, esports management and social networks, live streaming from competitions and more.
The State Of Indian Startup Ecosystem Report 2020
The Indian startup ecosystem has grown by leaps and bounds in the past decade. From a nascent ecosystem with a handful of tech-focussed ventures to 29K startups in 2014, the number has grown exponentially and will touch 55K startups by the end of 2020.
The DataLabs by Inc42 Plus ‘The State Of Indian Startup Ecosystem Report 2020’ maps this journey and encapsulates the growth of the Indian startup ecosystem from the early days to its ongoing transition into maturity and beyond. The report analyses the performance of the ecosystem based on a number of indicators such as the capital invested in startups, the prominent investors, tech sectors and the geographic landscape, as well as a look at the financial performance of Indian unicorns and much more.
Opportunities For Horizontal SaaS In India’s SMB Market Report 2020
India is home to approximately 63 Mn SMBs as per the government’s 2015-16 estimate. Out of which 44 Mn (or 70% of the total) are unregistered, whereas the remaining 19.5 Mn are officially registered. In recent times, multiple SaaS companies from India and around the world have shown confidence in India’s vibrant SMB ecosystem and have been offering tech solutions to help them manage work and operations digitally. Some of these key companies include Zoho, Clevertap, Wingify, Freshworks and Deskera.
The DataLabs by Inc42 Plus’ ‘Opportunities For Horizontal SaaS In India’s SMB Market Report 2020’ maps the $8.7 Bn horizontal SaaS opportunity in the Indian SMB sector and provides a juxtaposition between the individual SMB sectors that have the more lucrative business opportunity as well as why horizontal SaaS has the biggest headroom for growth.
India’s Healthtech Landscape In A Post-Covid-19 World
The current state of healthcare comprises hospitals teetering at full capacity and doctors overworked. Which makes it difficult for people to access primary care when required. In such a situation, leveraging technology-backed solutions such as telemedicine, digital health records and AI/ML-based predictive analysis and diagnosis can play a pivotal role in bringing India’s broken public healthcare system up to speed.
The DataLabs by Inc42 Plus’ ‘India’s Healthtech Landscape In A Post-Covid-19 World Report 2020’ maps the $21 Bn healthtech opportunity in India and the role it will play in enhancing healthcare services in the upcoming times. In addition, the report covers the current roadblocks which are hindering the optimal impact of healthtech in India, the new opportunities and more.
India’s OTT Market Landscape Report 2020
India currently has over 95+ OTT players in India spread across — Music, Video, Audio & Podcast category. Despite concerns around business model and revenue generation, so far, Indian OTT players have been successful in capturing the attention of the price-sensitive audience.
The report offers detailed comparison between all key local and international players in the Indian OTT segment with a deep dive into the content creation, distribution and consumption patterns in each sub-segment.
$150K+ worth of deals, discounts and free access to a hand-picked set of essential
products and services for entrepreneurs to start and accelerate your growth.
Upto 90% Off On HubSpot Software
$ 60,000 Value
1. A startup with under $2 Mn in funding | You are eligible for up to 90% off HubSpot software in your first year, 50% off in your second, and 25% off ongoing.
2. A startup who has raised over $2 Mn in named funding up to and including Series A | You are eligible for up to 50% off in your first year, and 25% off ongoing.
Education Resources & Tailored Training: Content, masterclasses, and 24/7 support to get your startup growing. From board deck templates to quick tips on customer acquisition, this content is made just for you. Plus, you’ll have access to world-class support from HubSpot experts and startup-friendly onboarding experience.
Professional Software, Startup Pricing: Access to HubSpot Growth Platform, a full suite of software for marketing, sales, and customer service, with a completely free CRM at its core at a startup-friendly price, to help you grow and scale better. The software grows as you do, so you have access to in-person product training, too.
Integrated Platform For Startups: Access to over 200 software integrations, many at startup-friendly pricing, as well as the opportunity to build integration on the HubSpot platform.
Click on the redeem now link below to apply.
Select "Inc42 Media" as your startup's partner when filling the application.
1. The HSFS startup-friendly pricing is only applicable to net-new HubSpot Hubs or upgrades of existing Starter subscriptions to Basic, Professional, or Enterprise products; customers may not apply the startup program pricing to existing Basic, Professional, or Enterprise Hubs.
*This offering can be redeemed as per HubSpot For Startups’ eligibility rules & discretion.
Get Upto $50K In Segment Credits
$ 50,000 Value
Get up to $50K in Segment credits (enough to track 200,000 users for - free for up to two years!)
1. Create a Segment workspace
2. Click on the redeem now link below to apply
You can avail the Segment’s Team Plan If You Are:
1. Early Stage (2-3 years old)
2. Raised less than $5M
*This offering can be redeemed as per Segment’s eligibility rules & discretion.
$45K Worth Of Payout Credits On RazorpayX
$ 45,000 Value
1. RazorpayX is a neobanking platform that helps businesses manage their finances efficiently and make timely payouts using an intuitive dashboard or powerful APIs
2. In addition to standard banking features, RazorpayX’s Current Accounts come equipped with API Banking, Approvals Workflow, Enterprise-Grade Security & Support, and CRM-level Financial Insights to help you save time and money while you run the show
3. Start with RazorpayX today with zero setup cost and enjoy benefits up to $55,000 on Razorpay's suite of robust payment solutions
To avail RazorpayX offer, a merchant can signup on the 'Redeem Now' button below and raise a request through the support option within the dashboard to assign free credits.
*This offering can be redeemed as per RazorpayX’s eligibility rules & discretion.
Guides On Starting & Scaling Up
Learn through our comprehensive guides, how to validate your startup idea,
acquire your first customer, secure funding, and more.
Decoding Term Sheets For Early Stage Startups
Investment term sheets always end up becoming a complex topic for early stage startups.
This guide will help founders get familiarised with the first document they receive from an investor as an offer to invest in the company which typically contains everything material in relation to the valuation, investment details, rights of the investor, restrictive covenants and exit commitments. The guide also talks about a new form of CCPS — “iSAFE”.
Reading this will help startups raising seed or Pre Series A funding prepare for what is coming inevitably and help navigate through the most commonly used terms, the process involved and typical investor asks!
What You'll Learn?
- Understanding how to structure terms to meet the interests of both startups and investors
- The crucial terms included in the early stage term sheets and their impact
- The process involved and typical investor asks
- Importance of various types of shares, capitalisation table & other key terms
- How “iSAFE” works
- Along with, term sheet templates & more
Building And Scaling Up A Digital Retail Brand
With the lockdown rules bringing down the shutters on many offline stores, retail brands have been forced to open or scale online stores to reach consumers. With footfall and retail visits expected to remain low for months, a permanent shift in consumer behaviour towards online buying is inevitable. Thus, it is time for retail brands to also embrace the D2C way of life and use online tools to go directly to the consumer!
This guide aims to help brands and offline retailers to build and scale up their digital or D2C brand seamlessly.
The guide will help you understand the various opportunities, options for brands, managing the supply chain, automation across business processes, optimising marketing to maximise reach and more.
What You'll Learn?
- Building your retail D2C online brand
- Using digital tools & analytics to accelerate your digital strategy
- How to go about digital payments
- Introduction to managing your logistics for digital customers
- Customer acquisition & marketing strategies to scale up
- Legal & compliance knowledge
Building Your Core Team: Zero To Fifty
The guide focuses on helping startups build core teams, the dilemmas, the questions and everything in between. It will include talking points such as the importance of managers, culture, and the different styles of operating a company.
What You'll Learn?
- It will help you weigh in on the various leadership and operational styles
- The skillful application of feedback cycles, employer branding, ESOPs and more
- A deeper look at measuring the impact of various business decisions
15+ Hours Of Insights & Learnings From India’s Top Product Leaders & Experts You Won’t Find Elsewhere!
Inc42 Shots | WhiteHat Jr Vs Poonia: HC Restrains Poonia From Commenting, Told To Take Down Posts
Software Engineer Pradeep Poonia, who was slapped with a $2.6 Mn (INR 20 Cr) defamation notice from WhiteHat Jr’s CEO and founder Karan Bajaj, has been restrained from downloading any curriculum from WhiteHat Jr and circulating it to third parties.
Besides this, Poonia has been restrained from commenting on the number or quality of teachers of WhiteHatJr and from commenting on their educational or other professional backgrounds.
To read more, click here.
Inc42 Shots | Netflix To Test Free Weekend Plans In India
Online streaming giant Netflix will be unlocking its entire catalogue for non-subscribers to give a sample of their offering to attract more users.
Billed as StreamFest, users will be able to sign up with their credentials on the dedicated StreamFest page to start watching content on December 5 and December 6 (Saturday and Sunday). The company has confirmed that no credit or debit card or payment is needed during this upcoming fest.
To read more, click here.
Join a community of 1000s of leaders & makers and unlock additional member-only benefits
Why Inc42 Plus
Inc42 Plus helps you get ahead with unlimited access to Inc42, member-only stories & newsletters, premium research & reports, startup deals & how-to's, member-only events and more.
Join a growing list of industry leaders and makers who’ve joined to gain an edge, make smarter decisions, and connect with the people who matter.Learn More
As a member you’ll receive:
- Deep dives into the companies, people, and trends that are reshaping the global economy, and defining the future.
- Content formats include essays, data visualisations, podcasts, interviews, videos, and more.
- Regular features delivered with expert perspective exploring landmark shifts in technology and modern life.
- Weekly conference calls with our reporters and editors to answer our readers’ most pressing questions. Help our journalists ask the tough questions that matter.
- Invitations to exclusive in-person events, networking opportunities, and engagement with industry leaders shaping the future.
We offer annual memberships only.
You can read a selection of Inc42.com content for free each month. For accessing unlimited stories, analysis, deep dives and member exclusive stories, membership is required.
Yes! When your team (5+ people) become members, you save. Email [email protected] for more information.
Account & Billing
Inc42 Plus membership is priced at INR 9,999/year and is billed annually.
We currently accept all major credit and debit cards, including but not limited to Visa, MasterCard and Maestro. We plan to support additional payment methods in the near future to make the payment process as seamless as possible. Please reach out to us [email protected] if you are interested in a team or corporate membership plan.
Please write to us at [email protected] detailing the payment error or queries, along with screenshots (if required).
No, our annual membership offerings are limited to individual-use only and sharing is strictly prohibited. In case, your account is being accessed concurrently by multiple IPs, it will lead to termination of your membership and any existing payments will be non-refundable.
When cancelling your membership, all charges associated with your future membership will be cancelled. You may notify us of your intent to cancel at any time; your cancellation will become effective at the end of your current billing period. You will not receive a refund, prorated or otherwise, for the remainder of the term. However, your membership access and/or delivery and accompanying membership benefits will continue for the remainder of the current billing period.
Reports by Inc42 Plus can be accessed via your Inc42 Plus membership through on our website only. We, unfortunately, do not offer report downloads at this time to prevent the unauthorised distribution of the files.
You should have received an email communication with details on accessing the report/subscription and the next steps from [email protected] In case you still have any queries, please email us at [email protected]
All the deals are directly offered by the Startup Deals Partners and can be redeemed as per their eligibility rules & discretion. In case you have any queries, please reach out to the Partner directly.
The terms and conditions for each deal are mentioned along with each deal and are enforced by our partners directly.
Email us at [email protected] and we’ll figure out how to best help you! Any questions or concerns are welcome. Please see our Terms & Conditions to learn more about our billing and user policies.