Girnar Software that owns auto portals like CarDekho.com, Gaadi.com, BikeDekho.com, TyreDekho.com and Zigwheels.com has acqui-hired premier augmented reality and video production startup Drishya360s, to bolster virtual reality offerings. This acquisition is a cash-plus-stock deal.
With the development, all employees of Drishya360s will join Girnar Soft.
Speaking on the development, Shashanka Adiga, founder of Drishya360s said, “Drishya360s was established with an aim to simulate and recreate a virtual reality interface that enabled a real-life experience over a digital medium. Joining Girnar Soft will allow us to integrate our existing technical framework into its robust technological infrastructure and develop world-class augmented reality solutions for businesses.”
Founded in 2010 by Shashanka Adiga, Drishya360s, is a premier photography and video production, augmented reality, virtual reality and web-designing and hosting startup. With the acquisition, Girnar Soft will build interactive virtual reality technology and augmented reality platform for CarDekho, Gaadi, BikeDekho, among others.
Besides, the company will also leverage Shashanka and his team’s experience to develop online and offline advertising solutions. Shashanka will report to Girnar Soft’s Director-Strategy Rahul Yadav.
Speaking on the development, Rahul Yadav, director-strategy at Girnar Soft said, “Having offered a plethora of options and innovative features on our platform, we have been working on the next phase of our evolution. The acquisition of Drishya360s is a step in our long-term growth strategy and enables us to develop interactive virtual reality solutions for our portals.”
With companies such as CarDekho.com, BikeDekho.com, ZigWheels.com and TruckDekho.com under its banner, Girnar Soft has been working on developing virtual and augmented reality solutions to take user experience to another level.
One of its flagship product CarDekho has recently launched ‘Feel the Car,’ to provide users with an immersive experience of car to help in decision making.
Drishya360s is the fourth startup acquired by Girnar Soft in the last 18 months. Pridor to this it has acquired Gaadi.com, BuyingIQ.com and Zigwheels.
Here are few other Girnar Soft Developments:
- In September 2015, CarDekho acquired Times Internet owned auto portal, Zigwheels, for an undisclosed amount.
- In August 2015, CarDekho launched its commercial vehicle platform TrucksDekho. The portal addresses market of commercial vehicles by showcasing latest trucks information.
- In July 2015, CarDekho launched CarBay, a portal which would provide information on cars in Malaysia and Thailand.
- In May 2015, CarDekho had announced the launch of its platform TyreDekho. This portal provides content, reviews and research tools to guide consumers to make the best choice for a tyre purchase.
- In April 2015, the company bought Delhi-based price comparison portal BuyingIQ.com.
- In Spetember 2014, CarDekho had acquired Ibibo Group-owned Gaadi.com for an undisclosed amount which was said to be around $11 Mn deal.
Welcome to Flash Feed, your essential source for breaking news and innovation from around the web – bite-sized and updated all day.