The startup accelerator programme, MIS 2016 – DP World Prize, has announced the shortlisted finalists for the finale. The five selected startups will be invited to present their final pitches to a jury on April 5th, 2016.
Ministry of Shipping, Invest India and DP World have joined forces to organise the “MIS 2016 -DP World Prize” contest.
The contest has been curated to provide an opportunity for startups in the maritime and associated sector. The winning startup company will receive the grand prize, INR 15 Lakh at the Maritime India Summit 2016.
Related Article: HDFC To Invest $14 Mn In Tech Startups Every Year: Deepak Parekh
The contest will be judged by a jury panel consisting of Deepak Parekh, Chairman, HDFC, Capt. B.B. Sinha, Chairman and Managing Director, SCI; along with other distinguished personalities from the Government, industry and the Shipping Ministry.
Deepak Parekh, Chairman, HDFC said, “The ‘MIS 2016 – DP World Prize’ contest have received some outstanding entries from startups across the country. It was a challenge for us to shortlist the five entries who will compete at the grand finale. The entries showcased excellent entrepreneurial skills and have incredible concepts to promote ease of doing business in the country. We now look forward to the finale on Tuesday, April 5th, 2016 for the live pitch from the shortlisted five finalists.”
The finalists are-
- Planys – Chennai-based Planys is an IIT Madras incubated company that designs and manufactures compact submersible vehicles for immersed structure inspection, underwater exploration & environmental survey. Founded by Tanuj Jhunjhunwala, Planys is developing advanced Marine Robotics.
- Zarrots – Bhubaneshwar-based Zarrots Technology Private Limited is a Private Company incorporated in September 2015. It was founded by Nrupal Das and works to develop intelligent fuel tracking. Its IOT devices gather and store fuel consumption data of marine vessels in cloud data storage system. Analytics software run on data stored in cloud servers to find spikes, drops, unusual usage patterns to find marine fuel leakages, spillage, inefficient usage or theft.
- Sagar Defence Engineering – Mumbai-based Sagar Defence Engineering Private Limited was incorporated in May 2015 by Nikunj Parashar. It works towards building an un-manned boat, to get the product inducted in the Indian armed forces. It aims to provide new innovations and complete Unmanned Marine Vehicles solutions in Commercial, Defence, & Scientific sector.
- Volteo – Founded by Hyderabad-based entrepreneur, Surendra, Volteo is a Smartport Platform offering a Saas model (pricing per feature) which allows ports to amortise the cost over a period of time instead of investing one time unlike other expensive enterprise software. Volteo’s SmartPort Cloud platform helps ports go paperless, enhance port security and automate electrical infrastructure.
- VMW – Bangalore-based Rajesh Malhotra founded VMW to provide Container Management solutions. VMW Parking & Container Handling Systems (P) Ltd, is promoted by a team of technocrats with background in mechanical engineering and material handling systems, Project Management and Marketing, VMW focuses on specialised material handling solutions.
DP World is an enabler of global trade and operates multiple businesses – from marine and inland terminals, maritime services, logistics and ancillary services to technology-driven trade solutions.
Welcome to Flash Feed, your essential source for breaking news and innovation from around the web – bite-sized and updated all day.