After just a few weeks of moving its ecommerce marketplace into sleep mode, IRCTC has now floated a new tender inviting bidders for selection for a co-branded marketplace solution provider.
The tender states:
IRCTC floats this tender to call upon Online Retail Marketing companies or similar to offer a Co-Branded platform to showcase retail, deals, and other services that will be offered from third parties/retailers, online retailers, affiliates, brands and service providers, or their own inventory or combination thereof to the IRCTC customers to buy services.
According to the tender, bidders can get the tender document for INR 1000/- (non-refundable), which they need to deposit along with a demand draft worth INR 2 lakh.
The tenure of the contract shall be for 2 years with IRCTC having rights to change the basis of or procedures.
Here is the list of activities that a bidder has to carry out:
- The bidder has to power a co-branded marketplace for IRCTC with end to end deliveries which has to be managed by the bidder by providing: open commerce platform, marketplace solution and assisted commerce service.
- The bidder has to provide IRCTC user with a complete shopping experience for retail, deals, and services with the following: Personalized shopping experience, Seamless Shopping experience and Differentiated Experience
- The bidder has to provide IRCTC with Complete Commission Management module, sales dash board, traffic conversions, banner utilizations reports reference to each category of product and services being offered on marketplace as required by IRCTC.
- Enable Co-Branded solution with the 10 categories but with minimum 500 sellers and 100,000 SKUs at the time of launch.
- The bidder has to manage Email, CRM and social media -Facebook, Twitter and bank campaigns, end of season sale, Google Online Shopping Festival (GOSF) and other promotions.
- Conformance to B2C Supply Chain by integrating with logistics partners should be available and logistics, partner/sellers enable shipping the products to end consumers.
- Provide required technical – support for the, ecommerce Marketplace and managing the solution hosted on cloud or self owned H/W, S/W networks of security components.
- The monitoring of products booked, stocked, delivered shall be provided by the bidder and Bidder’s business team will work in close coordination with IRCTC team for each product
- ‘The marketplace will falicitate tax collection between its merchants and Customers. Vat, Service Tax linked at the delivery shall be facilitated by the bidder. The invoicing would be managed by the bidder with the TIN number Of the retailers, online retailers, Affiliates, brands and service providers.
- Secure payment gateway interface with multiple banks solution compliant with RBI directives for online payments of goods, supplier payment settlements etc.
The bidder will also be responsible for all the software works and integration which include omni-channel management, merchandising or marketplace operations; ecommerce; customer care and social commerce; order management and replenishment; design requirements; find up selling and cross selling opportunities and B2B ecommerce.
Here is a complete list of commissions that bidders will have to pay IRCTC: