There’s little doubt that the pandemic has given enterprise technology and consumer tech companies a big springboard to expand their footprint and made it easier to bring customers onboard thanks to the digital transformation needs of businesses across all sectors over the past year, as well as the changing consumption patterns of consumers.
But the acceleration in adoption also increased the scope for competition and nearly every tech company with resources is pivoting to cater to this evolving market. Naturally, larger companies and startups alike are leveraging cutting-edge tech such as cloud computing, artificial intelligence and machine learning (AI/ML), big data, and more to find that competitive edge.
With the aim to help startups and emerging businesses get the lowdown on the cutting-edge tools built on the cloud, Amazon Web Services (AWS) is hosting AWS Summit Online 2021 on June 29 and 30, 2021. The summit is designed around the knowledge requirements of business executives, technology operations leaders, DevOps and IT professionals, and others interested in learning and leveraging cloud technologies. The sessions and panels are centred around maximising cloud, emerging technologies, and the wide AWS platform to bring efficiency across the tech operations.
AWS took its annual summit online for the first time in 2020 in light of the pandemic. It saw more than 35K attendees through sessions, resources hubs, virtual workshops, and other activities presented and moderated by domain experts. The 2021 edition brings all that and more with thought leaders such as Axis Bank CEO and managing director Amitabh Chaudhry, Paytm payments CTO Manmeet Dhody, Swiggy chief technology officer Dale Vaz among others. The sessions are designed around understanding the AWS ecosystem of services and leveraging cloud technology to its utmost potential.
This time around, AWS is creating an itinerary that not only suits those already enmeshed in the cloud ecosystem, but also those startups that are looking to test the waters.
“The AWS Summit Online 2021 is an annual tradition where we bring together everyone from cloud enthusiasts to product and business leaders, and take them on a journey through the nuances of cloud and AWS’s offerings,” says Puneet Chandok, President, India and South Asia, AISPL
AWS Online Summit 2021: 90+ Sessions
The sessions are spread across four levels based on the complexities of the topic and coverage areas. These include:
- Level 100 is the introductory level, where the sessions are designed for novices, new learners and helps them ease into the world of cloud computing and services
- Level 200 are the intermediate level sessions that focus on clarifying the best practices for cloud deployment, AWS’s range of services and more comprehensive learning
- At level 300, which is the advanced level, the sessions provide an in-depth understanding of cloud technologies and the full bevy of AWS services
- Finally, at level 400 or expert level, the sessions dive deep into cloud integration across multiple services and operations, the architecture behind cloud solutions and more
Spread across these four levels, the summit will see more than 90 sessions under seven heads of artificial intelligence and machine learning, data and analytics, cloud migration, cloud database, cloud application, DevOps, and cloud security.
Some of the sessions include:
Building Intelligent Marketing Kiosk Using AWS AI/ML Services: Learn how to build intelligent solutions for advertising displays by identifying nearby audiences and displaying targeted ads.
Build your cloud migration roadmap on AWS: How to carry out migration from offline to online without facing much downtime and ensuring a smooth shift to access cloud computing power.
Solving business problems with AI/ML: Understand how to leverage the AI/ML technology in various business functions to operate at higher productivity and allow for seamless scalability.
AWS Summit Online 2021: Agenda
All sessions are specifically designed to cater to businesses of all sizes, so they cover a wide range of startups on both enterprise and consumer fronts. See the agenda here. Besides this, the AWS Summit Online brings a host of activities for the attendees.
- Technical demos and builders’ zone: The transition to the cloud comes with its own set of challenges. So AWS is bringing technical experts to the builders’ zones where engineers, product makers, and managers can get the first-hand experience of using the various solutions and accelerate their learning.
- AWS training and certification hub: With AI/ML, technology is moving faster than most professionals can track in their day-to-day schedules. To bridge the skills gap, digital labs at the Summit will help professionals get trained and certified on AWS.
- Ask the experts: As with a physical event, anyone at the AWS Summit Online can seek clarity on specific questions around cloud technology from experts in 1:1 chats.
- AWS Deepracer league: AWS is organising a global competition for machine-learning enthusiasts to participate in an online workshop. The developers can chat with ML experts to improve their skills while participating in the contest.
- Startup Central: AWS has set up an in-house startup expert panel with the aim of helping startups innovate their solutions leveraging AWS resources, solve their queries and much more.
“We are excited to share learnings and stories of how we are innovating on behalf of our customers and how AWS services can help builders and businesses drive agility, innovation and scale,” says Chandok.
The AWS Summit Online is scheduled for June 29 and 30, 10 AM IST. Registrations are open for everyone involved in the cloud revolution among the Indian startup ecosystem.