Here is Inc42’s latest edition of startup events coming up this week.
This week, the Indian IT community seems to have had to eat some humble pie with Tech Mahindra CEO CP Gurnani saying that 94% of IT grads are not fit for hiring. The CEO was hinting at the huge skill gap in the industry even as engineering colleges continue to mushroom in India.
Gurnani also said that the current infrastructure is creating more people for unemployment and that clashes are eminent for the right profiles in the IT industry. Another industry which is facing an acute crisis is the fintech industry, he added. Fintech companies are in spot as RBI rules are now clashing with the GDPR. The GDPR guidelines accord primacy to data privacy of customers and any tech platform or company needs to have their content to store and use their data. However, in India, the RBI guidelines mandate tech companies, especially fintech firms, to maintain account details for at least 7-10 years. Even if a customer deletes her/his account or uninstalls the app, the data is to be saved in the backend by the company in question.
As the IT and fintech industries grapple with these current crises, how they solve the problems and work out a middle path will be worth a watch. Events and conferences play an important role to converge ideas when ways are sought to resolve industry related problems. An instance may be mentioned of the India IoT Symposium which featured the IoT series featuring business meetings, presentations, and discussions with IoT specialists and provided enterprises more ways to network! With more than 500 attendees, over 40 speakers and panelists, and 100 sponsors and exhibitors, in the 7th edition of IoT Symposium which took place in Mumbai – the Indian IoT ecosystem including Industry leaders from top MNC’s ,Startup sand Govt. came together to discuss the challenges and opportunities that are driving the Indian IoT market.
There is much to look forward to in terms of engagement and encouragement that these institutions have to offer as the upcoming events of the week suggest.
Keeping up with our consistent efforts to bridge the gap between the Indian startup ecosystem, policymakers, and industry stalwarts, here are the three startup events that you should consider participating in this week.
Clavent is organising TESTCON 2018 — a conference for test automation professionals which will be a single-day event.
Testcon 2018 looks at gathering all the cool and experienced people of the industry, and discuss the disruptive trends and advancements to facilitate knowledge sharing and networking. The conference will showcase the latest trends, innovations, and challenges in the dynamic realm of automation testing.
The event will feature candid, insight-packed interviews from key figures in the IT industry and the technology world that’s disrupting it.
It will also showcase opportunities for advancing trends and current best practices in automation.
Topics of Agenda:
Test Automation Tools
Testing Trends in Digital World
API & Micro Services Test Automation
Intelligent Test Automation & Analytics
Shift Left Testing
Increasing Adoption of DevOps
Testing the Nextgen of Technologies — IoT, Mobility & Cloud
Web Application Security Testing — Let’s face the challenge
- Date: June 6, 2018
- Registration fees: INR 6,000
- Key speakers: Renu Rajani, vice-president, Infosys; Babu VL, head, testing, Excelacom Technologies; Rajesh Kannan, director, testing, KPMG; Surojeet Sengupta, director QA, GE Digital; Ganesh Muralidharan, director, Capgemini; Shiva Jayagopal, director, WinVinaya; Sumukha Rao, CEO-Ta3s; Anil Kumar Mishra, senior tech manager, Tech Mahindra
- Who Should Attend: Startups, freelancers, aspiring entrepreneurs, skilled professionals
- Venue: Le Meridien, Central Bengaluru
The explosive growth of the Fintech Industry has led to it being one of the hottest fields to be associated with at present. FinTechX is a conference, conceptualised to bring industry players together to discuss innovations and dissect the implications of technologies that are causing the paradigm shift in financial services. More than 300 attendees from various sectors like BFSI, IT, and startups are expected to attend the conference.
Some of the interesting concepts that will be touched upon at the conference are:
- From Competition to Collaboration, what’s next in the fintech journey?
- Shifting gears in lending for a true financial inclusion
- Rules of the Game: Regulation and Technology in 2022
- Last-mile efficient distribution through optimum levels of fintech intermediation
- Will 2018 be the year blockchain moves from PoC to mainstream?
Here are the details of the venue and the date of the event.
- Date: June 8, 2018
- Key speakers: Adhil Shetty, CEO, BankBazaar and co-chairman, FinTech Committee, IAMAI; Anuj Kacker, co-founder and COO, MoneyTap; Ashish Gupta, CTO and CPO, PolicyBazaar.com
- Who Should Attend: Fintech startups, financial analysts, finance executives, and investors
- Venue: Taj Lands End, Mumbai
InnoLabz Ventures has come up with its 15-Hour Summer Bootcamp in blockchain technology. This event will teach the participants how to maintain permanent and tamper-proof data and also explore the management of distributed databases. This programme covers varied Bitcoin topics intensively.
Any technical graduates or postgraduates can apply to the boot camp. The course will be spread out over five days.
- Date: June 4, 2018
- Registration fees per person: INR 6,600
- Who should attend: Blockchain enthusiasts, investors, and tech entrepreneurs
- Venue: Hustle Cowork, New Delhi
Stay tuned for the next version of our weekly series Indian Startup Events Of The Week.
Get Expert Insights With Over 50 Industry Leaders At
The D2C Summit! Claim 50% + 25% OFF Today!