This is Inc42’s latest edition of startup events coming up this week.
It’s a new dawn for the Indian startup ecosystem. It’s a recognised talent pool not just in the country but the world over, and Indian entrepreneurs are being sought out for new developments and for creation of new opportunities.
India has been forging ties with various countries to nurture the ecosystem and the UK is the latest one to join the list. Although India and the UK have been trade partners for many decades now, the two countries are now entering into a new type of partnership focussing on technology.
The UK-India Tech Partnership has launched its Tech Hub in Delhi so innovators and tech entrepreneurs can reach out to each other for mutual exposure and alliance. This is not only historic, but also groundbreaking as the UK is looking to position itself as an ecosystem enabler and is building some of its cities such as Manchester, Edinburgh, and Leeds into ecosystem hubs.
There is much to look ahead from this new alliance.
Keeping up with our consistent efforts to bridge the gap between the Indian startup ecosystem, policymakers, and industry stalwarts, here are two startup events that you can look at participating in this week:
The GSF Network and Amazon Web Services have organised an event entitled Education and Skills for a Digital Age. The event will discuss how education and skills will need a reboot in the age of digital transformation.
Agenda for the evening:
- Keynote Speech by Krishnan Ganesh (Founder Growth Story & Tutorvista)
- Announcement by Rajesh Sawhney (GSF Founder) and Nish Bhutani (ex-Vuclip, Myntra & Saffronart) of a new education venture by GSF
- Panel discussion featuring leading investors and VCs on Business Models in EdTech. Some of the key speakers in this panel discussion are:
- Shanti Mohan, Founder, LetsVenture
- Rajat Agarwal, Partner, Matrix
- Rahul Chowdhury, Partner, Stellaris
- Shamik Sharma, Founder, Craftworks and ex-CTO Myntra
- Founder/CxO Panel discussion on Cultivating Digital Entrepreneurship in an Organization. Some of the speakers in this session are:
- Kanwal Rai, Vice-President Innovation Group, Wells Fargo Startup Accelerator (APAC) at Wells Fargo
- Shivanandan Pare, Vice President, Head New Digital Businesses, at Aditya Birla Fashion and Retail
- Sandeep Mukim, MD, Proline India
- A Sivakumaran, Vice-President, Alternative Beverages and E-Commerce, at Hindustan Coca-Cola Beverages
Date: May 16, 2018
Time: 5:00 PM – 8:00 PM IST
Key Speakers: Krishnan Ganesh, Rajesh Sawhney, Nish Bhutani
Who Should Attend: Academic people, edtech entrepreneurs, edtech investors
Venue: LetsVenture Online Pte. ltd., 2nd Floor, SNC House, Raja Rammohan Roy Road, Beside ITC Gardenia, Ashok Nagar, Bengaluru
In Inc42’s next Facebook Live AMA, we will talk to Sanjay Mehta, angel and PE investor and Director of CORE Media – CFO Engagements for a bare-it-all session.
An exciting discussion is in the offing as Mehta, who has invested in Peerplays, civic bodies and EOS through ICOs, is bullish about the cryptocurrency idea yet sceptical about the Bitcoin boom.
He has a diverse portfolio that enlists more than 70 startups including AdstringO, Box8, WowMomos, UnBxd, Consure Medical Device, PrettySecrets.com, Zippr, Letsventure.com, and more.
The verticals he prefers to invest in are B2B, logistics, food, IoT, cleantech consumer Internet, enterprise software, and healthcare. Among his famous exits is OYO Rooms, which marked 280x returns on his initial investment.
Sanjay Mehta is one of those few investors who get their angel instinct right while investing in startups, as is evident from his portfolio. In the cryptocurrency space too, he is among the early investors from India to sketch a grand market scenario for cryptocurrencies and P2P-based apps.
Date: May 17, 2018
In the journey of Inc42, it has been a great privilege to have worked with countless entrepreneurs, investors, and storymakers who not only contributed to building the Indian startup ecosystem but also enabled and inspired others to take the road less taken.
However, there have also been times when we have not been able to work with many other storymakers due to many reasons. To this extent, Inc42 has decided that we will have Open Office Hours one Saturday a month to enable anyone and everyone who hasn’t been able to get in touch with us to come and meet our team members.
Who Should Attend: Anyone who is interested in pitching to Inc42 Media.
How To Attend: Register Here
Venue: 1G, 3rd Floor, Bharat Nagar, New Friends Colony, New Delhi
Stay tuned for the next version of our weekly series Indian Startup Events Of The Week!