US-headquartered data storage and management company NetApp has selected startups for the second cohort of its startup accelerator programme, NetApp Excellerator.
The six startups, which have been selected from 450 applications, include ArchSaber, SigTuple Technologies, Nanobi Data and Analytics, Data Ken Technologies, BlobCityInc and Anlyz.
On the second cohort of the accelerator programme, Ajeya Motaganahalli, Director, Engineering Programs and Leader of NetApp Excellerator said, “All six companies have an extraordinary team and a unique solution that has the potential to become a significant player on a global scale.The set of startups we have here seem to further along their journey in the maturity curve as compared to the earlier cohort.”
Under the NetApp Excellerator programme, the shortlisted startups will gain access to collaboration and productivity tools, co-working space out of the NetApp’s global centre of excellence in Bengaluru as well as networking opportunities with potential investors, partners, and customers.
The selected startups will also have access to NetApp platforms and technologies, tools, HR, marketing, legal and tech support. At the end of the four-month accelerator programme, NetApp will provide an equity free grant of $15,000 to each of these startups.
Here is a brief about the selected six startups:
- ArchSaber: The startup automates the diagnosis and prediction of issues occurring in a large and complex IT stack. It offers real-time monitoring and alerting of all core and non-core infra components and advanced data science techniques to detect and fix these issues.
- SigTuple: It works on the digitisation of pathological slide images and running cloud-based image processing for diagnosis in pathology labs.
- Nanobi Analytics is an interactive and visual full-stack end to end analytics platform that offers services for everything an organisations needs to prepare, analyse and visualise complex data, while also eliminating the need to use a multitude of technologies.
- Blobcity: Blobcity is an analytics marketplace that allows companies to distribute their analytic products on its platform. The platform is available across all major data centre providers, and anyone with a Docker ID can distribute their Docker applications on this platform without any additional configuration.
- Anlyz is a next-gen security product with granularity and visibility of enterprise threat landscape using machine/deep learning (ML) and artificial intelligence (AI) to address enterprise cybersecurity needs
- Data Ken is focused on providing deep learning driven business process automation, predictive network management, customer insights and micro-segmentation.They are augmenting AI/ML driven intelligence into network Monitoring for Enterprise networks.
In December 2017, NetApp Excellerator completed the first cohort of its programme where six startups – LightMetrics, ADYA, Vaultedge, Vitacloud, EnCloudEn and Scalend – graduated.
As the cohort’s alumni, the startups have received continued access to mentorship and go-to-market opportunities with NetApp, as well as ecosystem connects.
A Look At Some Of The Accelerator Programmes Launched Recently
Recently, many other accelerators also opened up applications for their startup hunt in India.
For instance, last week Amazon introduced the second edition of its Alexa Accelerator programme and has opened applications for startups worldwide including India. It is looking for 13 promising startups, which use voice technology, to come up with new devices that can integrate Alexa.
Also, Delhi NCR-based startup accelerator Espark-Viridian is inviting applications for the March cohort of its #AccessXcceleration programme. The Accelerator is looking for early-stage startups from all sectors to be a part of the programme. The entries are open till February 26, 2018.
In January 2018, Facebook collaborated with Hyderabad based T-Hub to kickstart ‘India Innovation Hub Accelerator Program’ to discover the best amongst startups working in the field on AR/VR in India.
Also in January, YES BANK launched the second cohort of its fintech startup accelerator, YES FINTECH. The 15-week innovation programme will witness eight startups, chosen from over 500 applicants across 10+ countries, undergo rapid enhancement of their value quotient through product-market-fit guidance, Proof of Concept (PoC) validation and Go-To-Market advisory.
Amid the various accelerator programmes being launched in India, the six participating startups of NetApp Excellerator will gain access to mentorship and other resources essential to their success.