In its second Demo Day in Bengaluru, Xoogler hosted 11 startups to pitch to over 50 investors of the Xoogler community.
The Xoogler community has popped up in recent years as a group of ex-Google employees, who enables Google alumni-led startups with their fundraising process. Founded in 2015, the Xoogler events include regular meetups about startup growth tactics and brainstorming sessions with founders to address their specific challenges.
They also have an active slack group where Xooglers can help each other, a Google Cloud credits the program for Xoogler led startups, an angel group, and an investment syndicate to invest in ex-Google startups. Xoogler.co’s investment syndicate has over $1.8 Mn in backing from more than 500 investors to invest in each ex-Google led startup.
Examples of Indian Xoogler startups include Livspace, Moglix, HealthifyMe, Dunzo, Zendrive among others. The community hosted its Demo Day in Bengaluru on February 2 with participation from Pre-seed, seed, Series-A stage startups led by Xooglers and VCs.
Xoogler will continue helping the selected startups to connect with investors across Asia and the USA. Here are the selected 11 startups which participated in Demo Day Bengaluru 2020:
- Helo: Founded in 2019, Helo is a marketplace for the blue-collar workforce and the customers looking to hire them. The startup is still in health mode.
- Rupifi: Founded in 2019, Rupifi is a fintech platform that enables credit access to businesses. The product is still in beta stage.
- Mo’s Bakery: Founded in 2016, Mo’s Bakery creates gourmet petite cookies, healthy bakes etc.
- Kred: Founded in 2019, Kred is a digital banking platform for financial institutions like cooperatives, credit unions, and progressive lending institutions.
- ExpertRec: Founded in 2018, ExpertRec is a search bar builder and a high-quality search ranking algorithm that can be customized if needed, or left to learn and improve
- Scrybe: Founded in 2019, Scrybe provides automated experiment tracking to improve transparency, organization and collaboration in data science projects allowing teams to share, compare and comment on each others’ work
- Sama: Founded in 2019, Sama is a digital recruitment agency with no hidden fees and no hidden clauses for the 21st century, starting with the construction industry.
- Reomnify: Founded in 2019, Reomnify is a location data intelligence platform enabling better decision-making in real estate and retail
- Rephrase: Founded in 2018, Rephrase is building generative AI tools to ease video creation that can take any piece of text and create a video of any person speaking that text.
- 7Sugar: Founded in 2018, 7Sugar is a personalised diabetes care platform
- TBD: Founded in 2019, TBD is a high-street fashion brand that aims to revolutionise the smart-casuals space for women