Life is incomplete without entertainment. We all need entertainment and there are lot of entertainers out there but we don’t know about them and we perceive them to be either not affordable or not approachable. On the other hand the artists don’t find a right place to market their talent and face a lot of problem managing leads and payments. So how do we exactly fill in this gap? Well, Gigstart knows how to do that.
Simply put, Gigstart is a two sided marketplace that facilitates both clients and artists by creating a win – win situation. Its an online portal which makes finding and booking entertainment for your private and public events an easy task. With the help of Gigstart booking an artist is just a click away. On the other hand for artists Gigstart is a great platform to increase their visibility and improve their client leads very effectively. GigStart is initially developed by team of 8 people. They manage the entire end to end process. Starting from providing various options, guiding party planners to the best suited artists, connecting them and concluding with escrow services, contract formalities and payment getaway.
Considering the fact that there are many booking service platforms in the market, what’s the secret sauce of Gigstart?
- For the clients (booking made easy ) : 1.Set your budget 2.browse artist 3.check availability 4.book artist
- For Entertainers (marketing made easy ): Get discovered ->look attractive -> get booked
- All the artists are verified and reviewed
- Makes sure that roster sees full bookings, and a calendar without an off season
- 10% commission on gigs booked through Gigstart, charged to artists without hiding from client
- Exploring options for charging a listing fee and lead based model
Gigstart has a great market opportunity as only wedding entertainment services is 2.5 Bn Dollars in India, corporates and restaurants also spend a crazy amount on entertainment every month and birthday entertainment is very big market with an average ticket size of Rs 20,000 alone.
Gigstart proved its metal in first 2 months. It has got more than 500 artists and 70 artists hired till date. The start shows its potential and we would love to hear what’s your take on Gigstart ?