But, kids these days are really lucky. If used effectively, Tablets can function as suitable learning tools for kids as it’s just a small change – Tablet replacing the ‘slate’ and stylus replacing the ‘chalk’.
Recently, Metis Learning, has released an Android Tablet for kids at a price tag of 9,999INR.
- 7-inch capacitive IPS touchscreen
- 1024 x 600p resolution
- 2MP camera, 0.3MP webcam
- Android Jelly Bean 4.2 OS
- 1.6GHz dual core ARM Cortex-A9 processor
- 1GB of RAM
- 8GB memory, expandable by up to 32GB
- 3200mAh battery i.e 4 hours on medium usage
Target Age group: 4 years or older
The Tablet is available in two color options: Gorgeous Green and Playful Pink
What differentiates this tablet from the plethora of others in the market are the features it offers
- Parental Controls: Parents can apply any level of safety controls they desire. The apps have been handpicked for kids. Violent games and other unsuitable content have been excluded. Pre-loaded content is based on school curriculum.
- Parents can also get detailed reports about the usage of the device, on the basis of app, subject or day. It is also possible to pre define the time limit for its usage.
- It can contain as many as three different profiles with varying settings and parental controls, a useful feature for parents with more than one child.
- It supports Wifi and 3G dongles but does not support SIM cards.
The most common problem encountered with tablets and even smartphones is, accidentally dropping them and cracking the screen. Adults are clumsy too sometimes, but this is a major issue among kids.
Metis Learning has a solution for this: Food-grade drop safe bumper. The tablet fits into it perfectly and can survive from accidental drops. It also has a suitable handle for children to hold onto.
It also comes with an exclusive app recommendation engine, which recommend the most suitable learning apps for kids. Eddy is currently being used in select schools in India and has been extensively tested by 500+ children.
So if you have a toddler that constantly reaches out for your tablet or Smartphone, why not get the little one an Eddy.