Anurag Singh is the founder of rocketfood. He is an internet savvy person and an admirer of Google. He is passionate about entrepreneurship and community building.
General perception about F&B industry is that it’s the easiest sector to venture into as you have a predefined set of tasks which needs to be performed. We believe it’s not the case because when you have around 350 eateries in the vicinity, then as a customer why should I give a fuck about your one- month-old food delivery service.
Food is something which most don’t like to experiment with. You have to be unique if you want to beat those 349 other eateries. So, how do you do that?
To be unique you need to think differently, you need to understand the problems and solve them. When we decided to start rocketfood, we were determined to solve the problems people face while ordering/consuming Indian cuisine.
Only question that lingered on was, “How can we make Indian cuisine better?”
Related Article: Building Rocketfood: Startup Lessons Learnt During The 1st Month
We identified that following are the problems with Indian cuisine:
- Indian cuisine is not individual friendly
- Most of the kitchens are very unhygienic
- It’s not convenient to eat Indian cuisine on the go
- Delivery is not speedy enough
- Indian cuisine is not healthy because of the usage of excessive oil & spices to enhance the taste
- You don’t find a consistent brand across the country
After identifying the problems, the objective was to solve them. We believed if these problems are sorted, people would opt for Indian cuisine over any other.
Here are the solutions which we incorporated to make life easier for our customers:
- We introduced pricing-per-serving concept, where every item is priced per serving, even non veg dishes are priced per piece. So, it gives the freedom to individual customers to order just for themselves without spending much.
- We have a live, hygienic kitchen because we believe providing transparency brings out the best in us and it keeps us on our toes always.
- Our food is delivered in standard packaging which is spill-proof and is very convenient even while eating on the go.
- We have a well defined delivery structure where we mapped out the whole vicinity and then divided into clusters making it easier to identify the delivery spot.
- We make sure we use optimum amount of oil and spices so that you don’t regret eating rocketfood next morning.
- We want you to fall in love with the quintessential taste of Indian cuisine which follows wherever you go. Hence, our plan is to take rocketfood not just national but also global.