With an aim to offer a convenient and eco-friendly travel option, Meru Cab Co. Pvt. Ltd, has launched a new feature on its app called ‘Ride Share’. The service will be currently operational in Delhi-NCR region to address the issues impacting the capital city pertaining to rising pollution and traffic congestion.
Speaking on the development, Siddhartha Pahwa, Group CEO Meru Cabs said, “Pollution and congestion are two major issues plaguing citizens of Delhi. We believe that the situation can be resolved through collaborative efforts by the government, private transport operators like Meru and Citizens. As an environmentally responsible taxi operator, Meru endeavors to provide customers multiple transport options depending on their needs. By choosing to share your personal vehicle with the Carpool service or sharing a CNG fuel Meru Cab via Ride Share, citizens can now contribute to solving the city’s travel woes.”
How It Works
- Customers will be provided with an option of sharing their Meru Cabs ride with other co-passenger who will travel in the same direction.
- 30% discount on the estimated trip fare will be applicable for the customers who opt for ride share.
- The fixed amount will be communicated to the customers before booking, which will be determined based on the actual fare estimate from his/her pickup location to the drop location.
- Ride sharing feature pairs the cabs drivers and riders who are travelling in the same direction on a very short notice or even enroute.
- This feature will be applicable for bookings via the Meru Cabs app only, and each rideshare trip can take a maximum of 2 bookings per ride with a maximum of 2 passengers per booking.
For customers’ security, Meru will also offer an ICE (in case of Emergency) feature on the app that will allow passengers to share details of his/her location to the registered emergency contacts for safety reasons.
Recently, Meru Cabs also introduced a ‘CarPool’ service wherein private car owners can offer a ride via Meru’s platform.
“The top 20 cities alone have over 12 Mn cars and the opportunity is to bring them on a popular and trusted platform like Meru. The CarPool initiative aims to reduce the one-person per vehicle issue through sharing a ride with another person headed in the same direction with added convenience and economy of travel,” said Pahwa.
Welcome to Flash Feed, your essential source for breaking news and innovation from around the web – bite-sized and updated all day.