We reached out to Jabong and got the response stating:
We confirm that a fire broke out at one of Jabong’s warehouses in Pataudi in Haryana on late Monday night. According to our information, no employees were injured which is of utmost importance for the company as the health and safety of our employees is our key priority. Jabong will continue to conduct business normally subject to some temporary delays or fulfilment issues which could be encountered in some product categories. As India’s online fashion leader, we will continue to provide our customers with excellent service and are confident that our customers will bear with us till we return to normalcy.
Business for the online fashion retailer, Jabong, does not seem to side with it. The company’s largest warehouse, outside Gurgaon in Pataudi, faced major fire yesterday.
Related Article: Rocket Internet Backed Jabong Gets A $20 Mn Runway For Another Year
According to people familiar with the matter, the fire was caused by the short-circuiting of electric wires and caused a severe damage to goods. The fire was so severe that over 25 fire tenders, including those from private operators, the Indian Air Force, and the nearby districts of Rewari and Jhajjar were called to tend to fire.
It was reported that there have been no human casualties, but the fire has almost destroyed the warehouse.
Welcome to Flash Feed, your essential source for breaking news and innovation from around the web – bite-sized and updated all day.