In the fast moving world, managing your expenses can be one of your most daunting task and so, here comes technology to your rescue.
Mukesh Kalra, Business Head, Smartspends says, “Smartspends is built on a very simple premise – mobile is enabling us to re-imagine everything around money at an unprecedented scale. The app is a smart use of mobile tech to solve a very basic problem of enabling consumers to take control of their money seamlessly.”
Smartspends works under the following five sections –
- Spends – In this tab, users can add their Regular Cash Spends to appear automatically in the spends feed throughout the month. It also has the capability to organise all the payments into different categories viz. travel, eating out etc.
- Bill Calendar- It keeps track of all your due, delayed and paid bills. Also, it creates a bill calendar where one can see all bills in one single view and then through its smart alert system.
- Card Suggest- App asks the user to enter a place where they intend to spend and then comes up with the best card to save money.
- Offers- Based on the user’s purchasing trends, app suggests the most relevant offers available on debit and credit cards purchase. The offers are categorised under – ‘Ending in next 7 days’ , ‘’On your favourite places’ and ‘By Category’. One can save upto almost 20% in each transaction.
- Fun Facts- It’s a daily feed of some witty facts related to funds with an option to share it over social media handles.
Smartspends extract money related information from the messages sent to user’s device after every transaction. Any other cash payments can be easily added under the spends feed by the users themselves. Smartspends is therefore an interactive application to keep an eye on your spendings along with exploring options to save more.
Application is available on the Google Play, here.
There is no monetisation model as of now, but Mukesh says, “There are many opportunities to create revenue, one being the advertising, which we will roll out later. Presently, our focus is creating consumer traction.”
Times Internet is the largest Indian Internet Network and the digital venture of Times of India, India’s largest media, and entertainment group. TIL websites are among the fastest growing Web / Mobile based networks worldwide. Since its inception in 1999, TIL has led the Internet revolution in India and has emerged as India’s foremost web entity, running diverse portals and niche websites.
According to ICRIER 2014 research, The total worth of Indian app economy was worth $150Mn.
Led by a surge in smartphone sales, the application or app market in the country is likely to grow by more than four times to USD 626.23 million (around Rs 3,800 crore) by 2016, with paid apps contributing INR 2,065 crore (according to ET).
SmartSpends competes with Aditya Birla’s MyUniverse in Indian market. Talking of the differentiating factor, Mukesh Kalra said, “MyUniverse asks the user for their bank details and thus there is a hindrance in the user experience and also a potential security threat. Moreover, their approach is more of aggregating all the bank details at one place whereas we aim at facilitating a smarter way to spend money.”