TiE Hyderabad, Venture for India and TheMauka.com have introduced one-of-its-kind fellowship program with an aim to encourage the current and aspiring entrepreneurs to build successful startups. With the right combination required for successfully starting up, TiE-VFI-Mauka fellowship inspires entrepreneurs to envisage a better world.
The fellowship is a 1 year long program involving Mentorship, Funding and Exchange.
- Mentorship: Selected fellows will be assigned mentors according to their venture domain and Mentor’s expertise. Mentor- Mentee interaction will happen online/offline throughout the fellowship program
- Funding: Depending on the venture idea, funding will be given to the fellows to implement prototype of their idea. This is open only for entrepreneurs applying without existing venture. At the end of the fellowship all the fellows will be given a chance to pitch to investors to scale their idea/venture.
- Exchange: Top performers of the program are given a chance to attend a 3 week long program at Columbia business school at the end of the fellowship.
TiE-VFI-Mauka Fellowship has a highly competitive and efficient selection process to enable motivated and passionate entrepreneurs to be a part of the program. The candidates are shortlisted after a grueling three stages namely
Related Article: Thiel 20 Under 20: Two Indians make it to Elite group!
- Online Application: The application requires the applicant to details his/her idea and the thought process along with their general background.
- Online Interview: An online interview will be scheduled with the fellowship committee where the entrepreneur’s idea/venture will be evaluated along-with a thorough analysis of their business acumen.
- Offline Pitch: Candidates who have cleared the second round will be invited to pitch for the idea/venture to a selection panel. The interaction will be focused at evaluating the market execution of the idea and addressing the anticipated risks.
The registrations have already started.You can register for the fellowship here
The last date to register is 31st March,2013.
So, if you have an innovative idea, disruptive process, scalable model and a passionate, dynamic team then this is the right move ahead.
Disclaimer: Inc42 is the Media partner for TiE – VFI – Mauka Fellowship 😀