In the first phase of a series to boost the investment ecosystem in Telangana, India’s largest incubator T-Hub in collaboration with the state government, on Thursday, announced a three-month funding acceleration program called T-Angel.
Talking about the programme, T-Hub CEO Ravi Narayan, in a press release said, “Startups in Telangana have the potential to grow rapidly, provided they raise funds at the right times. Simultaneously there are many local high worth individuals who can contribute to the growth story of start-ups by becoming an angel investor.”
The programme will shortlist 30 startups with leading-edge solutions across various sectors like healthcare, real estate, entertainment, sports, education and finance after an extensive screening process. The batch will commence on October 20, 2019. Applications for the programme is available on T-Hub’s official website till September 30, 2019.
Criteria For Applying In T-Angel:
- The startup should have at least product that is launched in the public domain
- Should have initial market traction
- Should have a full-fledged team and paying customers
- Should be registered in the state of Telangana or intend to move operations to Telangana in due course
Benefits Of The T-Angel Programme:
- Progress tracking for three months in a structured manner
- Bootcamps that are driven by workshops to make the startups investment ready
- Access to local and national investment partners
- Access to online pitch review session
- Interactions of a one-on-one nature with our dedicated pool of mentors, investors and partners
- Support for post-graduation
- Support from high-level mentors and experts for 12 hours
- Opportunity to pitch at the grand finale of T-Day, Hyderabad’s biggest innovation event
- Support in digital infrastructure from T-Hub’s various service providers like Azure, Zoho, AWS
- No Equity
T-Hub aims to secure funding for at least 10 out of the 30 shortlisted startups. The batch of 30 startups will go through regular intervention through bootcamps and dedicated mentoring to build a strong investment case, which will eventually help the startups to raise capital.
The top 10 startups will also get listed on Let’s Venture’s investment platform. Let’s Venture has helped over 190 startups to raise $85 Mn in the last 6 years.
Earlier this month, Telangana government-backed T-Hub had also announced the launch of its HealthTech Arcade programme in partnership with a health solution company called Optum