Come November 9th, Hyderabad will host the biggest Mobile App Hackathon: AngelHack’s AppHack Fall 2013. Most of us (with the entrepreneurial instincts) aspire to create an economical/social impact with our initiatives. While we sought for different mediums in doing that, one such prominent medium is Mobile Technology that has seen a significant upsurge over the past decade.
AngelHack’s Apphack gives you the opportunity to understand and apply your wisdom on issues such as how mobile phones and Internet fuel growth, bring change and create opportunities for all.
Apphack is a series of Hackathons being organized in 30 cities with over 6000 developers across the world. AppHack will focus on education and collaboration with the goal of building stronger developer ecosystems, and thus stronger startup communities. More specifically, the core focus of the event will be on building mobile applications and teaching developers Android and iOS development, as well as education on new platforms and technologies.
Things to look out for
- Developer bootcamps to teach Android and iOS development.
- 100’s of developers and designers at the event for you to work with.
- 50% discount for all developers/designers who solve our riddle below.
- Incentives throughout the event to encourage teams helping one another.
- $100’000’s in sponsor prizes.
- Fun toys and games spread throughout the venue.
- Great food and lots of it.
- Coding through the night (with pillows).
- Top teams entering the HACKcelerator pre-accelerator program.
- Sponsor awards, breakout sessions, and post-event parties.
- Mandatory Demos. Banning of slide decks. And code reviews to ensure winning teams are within the rules.
What to build?
AppHack intends to support you in building a mobile application during the course of the event. It can be done in HTML5, on iOS, Android, Appcelerator’s Titanium etc. What matters is that it’s mobile first. The idea is to use mobile technology as a place where your simple hackathon project can have impactful applications. Feel free to connect your app to wearables, in-car devices, and other hardware integrations that are being formed today.
Who should attend?
Junior developers looking to improve their skills, senior developers looking to jive with budding members of the community, designers of all skill-sets, and serious entrepreneurs that can add value to teams. Never built on Android or iOS before? Fear not, Apphack will have teachers on hand throughout the hackathon to help you get going with these new and needed skills.
How to participate?
Excited? Solve this programming riddle and get to be there for FREE!
Just like Super Smash Brothers and Mario Cart, this code will keep you banging through the night just like the golden days:
Don’t lose heart if you couldn’t. Register here to be a part of a new chapter for the world of hackathons.
Want to win FREE tickets? Enter the contest below for a chance to win!
To get some background, Here is AngelHack founder Greg Gopman talking about startups: