These 10 startups were shortlisted from 1,677 applications
100X.VC has invested in about 39 startups, of its target of 100 for this year
Two of 100X.VC’s portfolio companies will be part of Y Combinator's winter batch of 2021
Serial investor Sanjay Mehta-led venture capital firm 100X.VC revealed the 10 seed-stage startups of its Class 03 portfolio at the VC Pitch Day held on Thursday (January 21). These 10 startups were shortlisted from 1,677 applications, of which 303 had passed the initial diligence process.
The latest startups will join 100X.VC’s 29 other portfolio companies, of which 20 were a part of its Class 01 investments and 9 were from Class 02 investments. Its portfolio companies include Bueno Finance and Cashbook, were selected for Silicon Valley accelerator-incubator Y Combinator’s winter batch of 2021.
Founded in 2019, 100X.VC planned on making 100 investments annually. But these plans were delayed in 2020 due to the pandemic, the company does not seem to be on track to continue plans once again. It has announced its Class 01 in December 2019 and Class 02 in September 2020.
The firm uses India Safe notes or iSAFE notes (India Simple Agreement for Future Equity) for these investments. iSAFE notes are an alternative to convertible notes for investments, which takes longer to execute and involve greater scrutiny. The method allows an investor to make cash investments in return for a convertible instrument to buy shares in a future priced round.
Here Are The 10 Startups In 100X.VC’s Class 03
- Vitra.ai: Vitra.ai helps content creators by translating videos and podcasts into 40+ languages through their proprietary deep learning models.
- Accio Robotics: Accio Robotics is an automated robotics hardware solutions platform for various industrial applications in the warehousing, hospitality, and healthcare sectors.
- Kerala Banana Chips: Kerala Banana Chips is a plant-based savoury D2C snack brand
- BurnCal: BurnCal is a health and fitness platform that allows customers to connect with a fitness couch virtually.
- Solvio.ai: Solvio.ai is a B2B edtech company that offers auto-grading technology for schools and other educational institutions.
- DCode Care: DCode Care assists patients with chronic illnesses discover the right doctors and hospitals for their clinical condition through a proprietary expert recommendation engine.
- Cora: Cora Healthcare is an ecommerce platform that sells health products on its platform.
- SaleAssist: SaleAssist provides a multi-channel AI-based solution for ecommerce businesses to enhance customer engagement through the power of affordable, automated video technology.
- Vecros Technologies: Vecros is a drone tech startup that is looking for solution in industrial AI applications that centralises surveillance, optimising and provides enhanced stack/fleet management.
- MicroDegree: Micro Degree is a training academy that teaches coding and job-ready skills in vernacular medium to overcome the English language barrier to learn programming.