“The way your employees feel is the way your customers will feel. And if your employees don’t feel valued, neither will your customers.” – Sybil F. Stershic, Taking Care of the People Who Matter Most: A Guide to Employee-Customer Car
With the launch of Ola Premier League, Ola seems to have captured the essence of above-mentioned quote.
‘Ola Premier League’ is a five week long contest for Ola drivers in Bangalore to win prizes like 2 BHK apartment, weekly foreign trips with a friend or a family member, free down payment and 3 month EMI for their cars, consumer durables like refrigerators, TVs, Fridges, Washing machines and an invitation to gala entertainment evenings with their family.
- The driver who scores most number of runs during the entire duration of the contest wins a 2 BHK flat
- Top two weekly performers will win foreign trips with a friend / family member of their choice.
- The next 4 weekly performers will be awarded with prize money equivalent to their car’s down payment and 3 months EMI.
- The following Top 50 drivers will win consumer durables like TVs, fridges and washing machines worth INR 8,000 each.
- Also, the subsequent 150 drivers will be awarded consumer electronics worth INR 1500.
- At the end of 5 weeks, the top 500 performers will be invited for a gala entertainment evening along with their family, hosted by Ola.
Also, winners need a minimum score of 50 runs/week to qualify for any reward.
Leaderboard, cars, drivers; Ola has converted a gamer’s fantasy to reality-
- Points are awarded according to the number of bookings that a driver completes.
- Customer feedback on every ride will also be incorporated to ensure that service quality is maintained.
- Drivers will receive updates of the leaderboard.
According to Pranay Jivrajka, Vice President – Operations, Ola, “With Ola Premier League, the bar is raised in terms of rewards which will now motivate every driver to deliver his best. We have brought in a contest approach to make this fun and engaging for all driver partners.”
Recently, the company had announced the first ever rewards-oriented initiative in India for drivers, Ola Stars, that included personal and professional benefits for drivers ranging from medical insurance, scholarship for children and skill development training for family to fuel discounts and car-servicing benefits. Prior to that, Ola had launched ‘Ola Pragati’ in partnership with SBI, a tailor-made program to enable its drivers to take loans at lower rates and pay a part of their EMIs on a daily basis.
Ola was founded by IIT Bombay alumni Bhavish Aggarwal and Ankit Bhati in January 2011. Ola integrates city transportation for customers and drivers onto a technology platform ensuring convenient, transparent and quick service fulfillment for both customers and drivers. Using the Ola mobile app, users across 100 cities can book from over 150,000 vehicles, including auto-rickshaws in Bangalore, Delhi, Chennai, Pune, Ahmedabad, Hyderabad and Kaali-Peeli taxis in Mumbai.
Ola recently acquired TaxiForSure, another cab aggregator, which continues to operate as an independent brand.