Google has announced the 16 startups that have been selected for the fifth class of the Google For Startups Accelerator (GFA). These startups have been shortlisted out of 700 applicants.
These startups will receive 3 months of mentorship and support from the network of Google and industry mentors. The ongoing support ranges from access to Google teams, tech guidance on projects, machine learning related support, UX and design mentorship, leadership workshops, networking opportunities, PR support and much more.
According to a statement from Google, in the past, the GFS Accelerator has accelerated over 80 startups, which have collectively gone on to raise over $1.9 Bn in funding.
Before class 4, the Accelerator programme which was launched in India in 2016, has been accepting up to 10 startups per cohort. The fourth cohort, which had an expanded scope, accepted up to 20 startups that are working on solutions for the post-Covid landscape in India, with a special focus on healthtech, fintech, edtech, agritech, retail and SaaS startups.
For class 4, the 20 Indian startups that were selected for the program were Antwak, BharatAri, BlackLight Games, Decoder, Factors.ai, Foxy.in, Gram Powder, InnerHour, Leher, Lokal, Math Buddy, Mera Cashier, Mosaic Wellness, myHQ, Navia Life Care, Orowealth, Virohan, Wellthy Therapeutics, Womaniya, and Zeo Auto.
The Indian startups selected for class 5 are:
- EkinCare: Enterprise ready, end to end, holistic virtual care platform for payers like employers, insurance companies etc. to save healthcare costs, and increase end user engagement
- AgNext: Building trust, speed and transparency in food transactions across the agriculture supply chain using AI-based rapid food quality assessments.
3. Goals101: Making banking delightful, automated and contextual.
4. OkCredit: A digital bookkeeping solution for small businesses, making selling on credit easier for them.
5. Nemocare Wellness: Ending all preventable neonatal and maternal deaths in the developing world by building affordable, accurate, continuous smart monitoring wearables
6. Zypp Electric: Making last mile deliveries go electric
7. Bolo Live (Bolo Indya): Live streaming app for next 500 Mn internet users of India, enabling them to transform their social capital to financial independence by monetising their content and fan base.
8. Yoda: Instagram for learning
9. Hypd: Content to commerce platform, for the See It-Like It-Buy It generation!
10. EloElo: Creator-driven vernacular social gaming platform that brings traditional Indian activities/ games online and enables creators to monetise their talent effectively
11. Aquaconnect: Full-stack aquaculture technology venture to offer data-driven farm advisory and marketplace solutions to fish and shrimp farmers
12. Bullet: Combining convenience of UPI payment system with power of credit for daily spends
13. MedCords: Family’s first digital touchpoint for affordable primary diagnosis and quick medicine delivery.
14. LegitQuest: B2B legal database solution provider
15. KareXpert: A fully integrated hospital in the cloud – GSuite for hospitals of any size
16. Walrus: Digital bank for the Indian youth