• Women entrepreneurs will receive financial and business support to develop their businesses and deliver solutions in access to energy across India
• Powered Accelerator will focus to support female-led ventures by helping them expand their innovative and consumer-responsive products and services.
An accelerator programme with focus on Energy and Diversity Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) ‘POWERED’ has selected 10 women entrepreneurs working on areas such as access to energy, water conservation, application of energy in agriculture, easy finance, last-mile distribution, waste to fuel, among others.
The programme launched by UK-based Shell Foundation in partnership with Zone Startups was organised across six cities across India. UK’s Department for International Development (DFID), India’s Department of Science & Technology (DST) and Ryerson Futures, a Toronto-based startup accelerator, had also collaborated. The programme commenced on 30 June, this year.
Powered Accelerator had received 130 applications from all over India. Out of the total applications, 30 were shortlisted and 10 made to the final list of the cohort.
With the increase in women entrepreneurs of emerging startups, the focus of POWERED accelerator programme is to support female-led ventures by helping them expand their innovation-lead consumer-responsive products and services.
A Look At The 10 Startups Selected For The First Cohort Of Powered Accelerator
Here is a list of the startups selected for Powered Accelerator’s First Cohort-
- Loans4SME– Based in Mumbai, Loans4SME was founded in 2016 and is an alternative lending platform that connects businesses with debt providers. Simmi Sareen is the head of the platform which aims to help small businesses navigate the complexities of the lending market and enables leaders to invest in the right company.
- Cellerite Systems- Based in Hyderabad, Cellerite Systems was founded in 2017 and develops an innovative electric vehicle charger that focuses on reducing the charging time of the vehicle, thereby increasing the travel range of these vehicles. Srujana Raghupatruni is the founder and CTO with a 7 years teaching experience in electrical engineering.
- M/S KUMUDINI ENTERPRISE– Based in Odisha, M/S KUMUDINI ENTERPRISE aims to provide energy services and devices in rural communities, with a special focus on Particularly Vulnerable Tribal Groups (PVTGs). Puspalata Pani is the co-founder and manages operations of the startup with an experience of 19 years in youth leadership development.
- HoneyComb Inventions– Based in Mumbai, HoneyComb aims at enhancing the duration of power back-up supplies of healthcare facilities. Mousumi Medhi is the CEO and has 8 years of experience in project management.
- Upcycler’s Lab– Based in Mumbai, Upcycler’s Lab makes sustainability-based learning tools for children above the age of five. It aims to create awareness and educate children on the need for sustainability. Amishi Parasrampuria is the founder of the startup and has an experience of four years as a social entrepreneur.
- BluPrints– Based in Delhi, BluPrints specialises in retail-tech and fintech devices. Kavita Aggarwal is the founder and CEO of the startup and has an experience in embedded systems design, in building ATC, and war room communication infrastructure for IAF.
- Taru Naturals– Based in Mumbai, Taru Naturals is network that connects farmer communities with clean technology and renewable energy. Ruchi Jain is the founder and CEO of the startup and has worked with the ministry of new and renewable energy, european academies sciences council and as a campaigner with 350.org and Indian Youth Climate Network.
- Agnij-Adjustable Thermoelectric Power Generator– Based in Mumbai, Agnij-Adjustable Thermoelectric Power Generator is developing a product called Agnij which is a thermo electric belt which can be placed around any heated vessel or chullahs to use waste heat. Manvi Dhawan is the CEO and CFO of the startup with an experience of 2 years in project management.
- Guna– Based in Delhi, Guna trains rural women farmers in Ladakh and Sikkim to develop eco model villages through a focus on organic farming and the use of solar energy in post-harvest management by the use of solar dryers and solar pumps. Neha Upadhyaya is the co-founder of the startup and is an organic macrobiotic coach in New Delhi.
- S4S Technologies– Based in Mumbai and founded in 2008, S4S Technologies manufactures solar dehydrators that are used by farmers form food preservation; they also provide the farmers market linkage to sell these dehydrated food products.Nidhi Pant is one of the co-founders of the startup and heads marketing and sales in the company.