The second edition of Huddle Kerala will be held in Trivandrum on September 27-28
Over 2000 attendees were a part of the previous edition, with over 1,500 startups showcased
Speakers this year include the managing director of international markets at London & Partners, Julie Chappell, Amazon Alexa country head Dilip RS and more
Asia’s largest startup conclave, Huddle Kerala, is returning on September 27-28 to celebrate the startup ecosystem in one of the most progressive states in the country for startups. Set to be held on the picturesque beaches of the Leela Kovalam in Trivandrum, this will be the second edition of Huddle Kerala in the city.
The first edition of Huddle in April 2018 was inaugurated by Pinarayi Vijayan, Chief Minister of Kerala and Sheikh Fahim Bin Sultan Al Qasimi, executive chairman, government of Sharjah. With over 30 display zones, more than 50 startup pitches, beach-side huddles with industry leaders, hackathons and many more events, Huddle saw more than 2,000 attendees, over 1,500 startups, 30+ speakers and over 15 investors officially participating.
The event acts as the focal point for tech startups and stakeholders of the entrepreneurial ecosystem including the state government, which has taken several measures to boost startups in Kerala starting at the grass-root level. It will also see investors, mentors and founders exchanging ideas and networking.
Huddle is known as the platform that startups can use to reach investors, customers and the media, and it also acts as a platform to promote entrepreneurship in students, which has been one of the pillars of the Kerala government’s startup policy.
The two-day conference this year will see a number of side events and activities such as leadership talks, tech talks, fireside chats, as well as speed dating with investors on a boat, startup demos, and much more.
The first day of the event starts off with companies getting an opportunity to pitch in front of the jury and then 10 shortlisted startups get to pitch the next day as well. This pitching session helps startups get mentored by the stalwarts of the startup ecosystem. The event is expected to see active participation from across borders as well, as was the case in the 2018 edition.
Organised by Kerala Startup Mission (KSUM) and Internet and Mobile Association of India (IAMAI), Huddle Kerala will host speakers from various sectors and industries, including names such as, Dilip RS, India head for Alexa Skills, Amazon, Juergen Hase, CEO, Unlimit, a Reliance group company, Rahul Narvekar, founder of Scale Ventures Fund, India Network and Julie Chappell, managing director, international markets at London & Partners, among other luminaries.
This year, the event will also have a Corporate Innovation Challenge to strengthen the connection between corporates and startups. For this, corporates will give problem statements for which the startups have to provide a solution. These problem statements will be revealed to startups through the Huddle website and the selected startups will be invited to Huddle 2019 to present their business pitches in front of corporate representatives.
The 2019 edition continues the focus of the last Huddle on the emerging innovation and the technology that will shape the future in India such as blockchain, IoT, artificial intelligence applications, big data, robotics, digital entertainment, AR/VR, drone tech, UI/UX, egovernance and more.Apply Now
What Huddle Kerala Will Offer Attendees:
- Scope For Interaction: With 2,000+ participants including startups, industry leaders and tech entrepreneurs, you could meet the right customers or business partners. Plus, Huddle is a great place to expand your professional network and mingle with like-minded folks, that could shape your startup and journey in a different way.
- Technology Showcase: Huddle Kerala is a chance to showcase products, services and innovations to startups, industry experts, decision-makers and other important stakeholders of the ecosystem.
- Partnership With The Government Of Kerala: The government in Kerala is one of the most proactive and progressive in the country when it comes to supporting and promoting startups, and creating a vibrant ecosystem for innovation. Startups at Huddle could get an opportunity to work with the government on pilot projects and receive benefits from KSUM in the form of local and global expansion support.
- Pitching Sessions: The 10 shortlisted startups at the pitch get mentored by top-notch industry leaders and coaches. The winning startup receives great attention from investors, media, potential partners, government and potential talent.
- Networking With The Best: Discover new talent, meet potential business partners and mingle with the people that matter in the startup ecosystem.
- One on one Investor Pitching: Selected startups will get the opportunity to do a one to one pitching session with the investors.
- Corporate Innovation Challenge: Corporates have reverse pitched their problem statements to the startups and startups will get an opportunity to pitch their solutions and product before the corporates. The best solution will get strategic partnerships to go ahead with the POC.
What’s In It For Investors
- Access to startups with innovative and verified projects, often at an early stage. Investors also get to see pitches from various startups that may not be directly in the sector they are focussed on, but which have intersecting points.
- Building networks and connections in the investor community, sharing knowledge with founders and young angels.
- An early chance to test many innovative solutions and products in the demo booth area at the Startup Square at Huddle Kerala.
According to the Kerala Startup Ecosystem Report 2018 by DataLabs by Inc42, the southern Indian state has 35% startups providing IT services and out of these 37% startups based out of Kochi and 23% out of Trivandrum. Kerala is also home to many startups in the AI, automation and robotics space, as well as in design and hardware.
With the aim to help promote this massive startup community, and encourage the next generation of innovative and tech-enabled startups and entrepreneurs, Huddle Kerala will facilitate and bring the ecosystem together. A part of KSUM’s initiatives, Huddle promotes the entrepreneurial way of life in a positive manner, by exposing startups and investors to not only the best in the domestic market but also to the global startup ecosystem.Apply Now