The 1st Digital Desh Drive gave us many important insights – what started as a journey to understand internet users (in Tier 2 & 3 cities) & their technology trends, soon blew us over with all the additional findings! There was an entire demography of new age technology users in these towns who had stories to tell. And that is exactly what we want to capture in this 2nd edition of the Digital Desh Drive.
Digital Desh Drive (an initiative of NowFloats, and powered by Google India) is looking to unravel exactly how the Tier 2, 3 & even 4 cities are using technology in their everyday lives. This is an anti- survey of sorts because it is our quest to document the real stories behind those numbers- the stories that need to be told.
We are starting on the 2nd Digital Desh Drive, flagging off from our capital city, we will reach our first city Pushkar tomorrow (1 December) and will circle back to Delhi on 16th December 2015.
- Start at Delhi and travel from city to city spending not more than 1.5 to 2 days in each city.
- Spend time in the commercial areas interviewing an arbitrary set of small business owners & people engaged in trade offering a range of services – hospitality, retail, food, healthcare, education, legal, etc.
- Chronicle the journey through curated video & photos – the experience, the local culture, the stories & the insights.
Our Partners for Digital Desh Part 2
- Google India, AskMe, PayTM, IAMAI, Blume Ventures and Interlude
- Media Partners: CNBC, YourStory and Inc42
- 13 cities across India under 20 days
- Extensive coverage by CNBC, YourStory, Inc42 and others leading blogs & influencers
- 4 crew members, 1 Innova, 1 camera: Prathibha Sastry, ex-COO MS Ventures. Start-up Evangelist & Strategic Advisor, NowFloats. Anuradha Subramanian, ex-AVP in a hospitality firm, turned wanderlust. Ishaan Gupta, partner at Interlude media.
Follow this post for a liveblog of my complete tour and to know when we are coming to your city, and come say Hi to me. Use the hashtag #deshruption to follow all the action from the tour.
#deshruption is happening! Are you coming?