Anthill Ventures Opens Its $100 Mn Fund For Israeli Startups

Anthill Ventures Opens Its $100 Mn Fund For Israeli Startups


The investment firm will invest in media, healthtech and urbantech startups

It has so far invested in 30 startups, globally

The fund will invest $1 Mn to $20 Mn in the startup to scale up

Hyderabad-based investment and scaling platform for early-stage startups — Anthill Ventures — has opened its $100 Mn fund for Tel Aviv-based startups working in media and entertainment, healthtech and urbantech sectors across technologies.

Since its inception last year, the fund is already investing in Indian, Singaporean and Mauritius-based startups. So far the company has invested in 30 startups, of which 15 are from India and the remaining are from global, founder and CEO of Anthill Ventures, Prasad Vanga, told Inc42.

“The value of the portfolio as of now has grown to $20 Mn,” Vanga said.

“We find that Tel Aviv startups have a very good opportunity to scale in the Indian market. The fund generally signs the first cheque of up to $200K and the second cheque up to $1 Mn. In a particular round, we could invest anywhere from $1 Mn up to $20 Mn depending upon the quantum of capital the company requires to scale up,” Vanga said.

Anthill has already held close to 40 meetings with the founders of Tel Aviv startups. The investment firm will invest in startups to raise pre-Series A or Series A funding, along with providing marketing and sales support to scale up.

According to Vanga, Anthill fund has so far invested $2.5 Mn. It plans on investing 20% of the $100 Mn capital in 100 startups and the remaining 80% of that capital will be spent on 20% of those startups to help them grow, over a period of four years. It works in a “venture scaler” model, which will invest in companies from around the world, with good traction, to move on to new markets to scale up.

“We give them support anywhere between 6 months to 1 year to actually assist them to enter a new market, but not all the startups we invest will be included under this model. May be out of 100 startups, the best 20 will come under the venture scaler model over a period of four years,” Vanga said.

In the previous conversation with Inc42, Anthill Ventures founders have expressed that they prioritise those startups which have a technology-enabled product or service that meets the needs of the end consumer, a scalable business plan and founders’ reputation.

Some popular startups Anthill Ventures has invested include Bengaluru-based coworking space provider 91springboard, Mumbai-based crowdfunding startup Ketto, Indonesia-based short-term home rental marketplace Travellio, New York-based bot prevention solution provider SheildSquare.

Note: We at Inc42 take our ethics very seriously. More information about it can be found here.

You have reached your limit of free stories
Become An Inc42 Plus Member

Become a Startup Insider in 2024 with Inc42 Plus. Join our exclusive community of 10,000+ founders, investors & operators and stay ahead in India’s startup & business economy.

Unlock 60% OFF
Cancel Anytime
Unlock 50% OFF
Cancel Anytime
Already A Member?
Discover Startups & Business Models

Unleash your potential by exploring unlimited articles, trackers, and playbooks. Identify the hottest startup deals, supercharge your innovation projects, and stay updated with expert curation.

Anthill Ventures Opens Its $100 Mn Fund For Israeli Startups-Inc42 Media
How-To’s on Starting & Scaling Up

Empower yourself with comprehensive playbooks, expert analysis, and invaluable insights. Learn to validate ideas, acquire customers, secure funding, and navigate the journey to startup success.

Anthill Ventures Opens Its $100 Mn Fund For Israeli Startups-Inc42 Media
Identify Trends & New Markets

Access 75+ in-depth reports on frontier industries. Gain exclusive market intelligence, understand market landscapes, and decode emerging trends to make informed decisions.

Anthill Ventures Opens Its $100 Mn Fund For Israeli Startups-Inc42 Media
Track & Decode the Investment Landscape

Stay ahead with startup and funding trackers. Analyse investment strategies, profile successful investors, and keep track of upcoming funds, accelerators, and more.

Anthill Ventures Opens Its $100 Mn Fund For Israeli Startups-Inc42 Media
Anthill Ventures Opens Its $100 Mn Fund For Israeli Startups-Inc42 Media
You’re in Good company