What’s the first thing that comes to your mind when we talk about cola drink, Coke? And when asked about coffee, was it Starbucks? Well.. that’s exactly what brand influence actually mean. The success of a business name can only be judged if it is a brand, which means the peak of success for a business is its influence in the market.
Brand building is the most sought-after and reliable marketing strategy which is easy to pick and hard to play. The major advantage of strong brand image is that it can easily survive bad products, misled propaganda, financial crisis, and many other slips that, on other hand, could derail a not-so-popular/struggling business establishment. So it is very much important to create an effectual brand image if you want to have a meaningful presence of your business on global platform.
You would find broad chapters on management books on how to build brand, but creating a brand from those theories is as impossible as climbing hill top without the essential safety equipment. Here safety equipment was referred to the strategies that one should always create for an effective brand building. Leaving aside those theories, let us take a look at some quick to follow and easy to remember tips for the effective brand building.
Factors Leading To A Failed Brand Building Strategy:
- Most of the businessmen make mistakes of placing their brands above their customers, which is quite unacceptable. A brand could lose its charm if it is no longer needed by its potential customers. Moreover, framing a brand as superior while branding could lead to less popularity and less business. So interact with your target audience and let them know why they need your product and how can you help them. Believe this, if you forget this simple rule then definitely get ready to face aversion from your existing and potential clients.
- Using outdated and irrelevant technology to market your product would show your business into a bad light. Technology has greatly influenced the marketing industry which means if you still follow those conventional methods of paper and pen marketing then you are definitely losing your place in the market ranking. Consumers have become more demanding and tech-savvy these days, which means they want flexible options for shopping. Ecommerce is a perfect example of best brand building method presently. Evidently consumers are more inclined towards business brands that are engaged with some techno-engaged activities for delivering higher user experience.
- There is a common phrase “Boss is always right” in the corporate world to which there is a phrase in marketing world too i.e “Customer is always right”. (Well! Exceptions are acceptable in both the cases). So never go out of your way to manipulate your customer by proving him/her wrong on their right perspectives. As mistakes like this are never forgiven which could lead to customer aversion from your brand. If you ever thought of or planning to mint money by not considering your customers’ needs then you should get ready to say goodbye to those clients. As such indiscreet gesture with your employees could result in a severe damage to your brand’s reputation.
- The next thing that comes into the list is boredom. It doesn’t matter to which industry you belong, make sure you don’t give “dullness” as a reason to your customers for not choosing your brand over the others. Remember creativity is just not reserved for artists, musicians, painters; instead, it is what that you could integrate into your marketing strategies to make it look out of the box. Use facts, humor, illustrations, quotes, etc. in your content to make it more interesting for your audience. Evidently consumers are more interesting in doing business with a company that knows how to put fun factor even in the boring and non-essential sections of their business.
- Do not brag about your brand to your customers and never befool them with fake brand authenticity as it would go against you and your business credibility, if proven. No matter how big your business gets after few years, but try not to change your key objectives and policies with which your brand is associated. Would you care to buy chocolates from a company that was established primarily as a tobacco industry? Obviously no. So that’s what exactly brand authenticity means to your business.
Now that you are aware of the factors that play a significant role in deteriorating your brand image, let us now know some tricks to outplay them.
Tips To Build An Effective Brand Influence:
Launch Referral Schemes: A smart businessman knows how to target audience through the audience. S/he understands the word-of-mouth publicity and thus, keeps on accessing the factors that could improve their credibility in the market. Referral programs are the common examples of an effective campaign followed by a user for the user. Companies lure their customers by giving away some extra data, messages, points for every new referral. Hike, Uber, Dropbox are some big names that have perfectly utilised the essence of referral programs.
Appealing Content: This is another way to strengthen your stand on the brand meter. Try to add impressive content in whichever way you exhibit and ought to get noticed by the customers. Special attention should be paid to guest content to keep your guests welcomed every time they land on your page. Guest posting is the best and still the most powerful tool to do branding for your business.