Get ready to be pampered from Wednesday through Friday with The Great Indian Shopping Festival (GOSF) – a three long online shopping fiesta scheduled from December 10-12, 2014 with some never seen before deals from 400+ top retailers and exclusive launches from leading brands like Motorola Nexus 6, HP, Lenovo, Tata Housing, Karbonn, Van Heusen and Asian Paints.
But how do you ensure that you strike the best bargains? How do you make the most of the online shopping festival?
Swati Bhargava – Co-Founder, CashKaro.com shares a few tips that can help you get the most out of the shopping fiesta as well as on how to earn extra cashback on all given offers during Google’s Great Online Shopping Festival (GOSF) this year.
Read and earn!
- Get the “early” advantage- Be informed: This GOSF will see millions of users logging on and searching for interesting deals, so the best thing you can do to maximize your odds is start early. Follow GOSF news and related blogs, which will keep you updated and better equipped. Deals also run out fast so check them out early morning! Smart shoppers are also the best informed.
- Go through Cashback sites for Extra Cashback: Cashback sites like CashKaro.com will give extra Cashback over and above GOSF discounts so don’t miss these extra savings. All you need to do is go to your favorite sites through CashKaro.com & then place your order.
- Do your research well: Research is the foundation for smart buying decisions. The better prepared you are with your research, the more you stand a chance to strike the best deal—especially if you are buying expensive items like laptops, mobiles, home furniture, etc.
- Register at shopping websites: While the festival has a few days to go, ecommerce websites have already started releasing offers across different categories. The best way to stay informed for such deals is to register for newsletters. Who knows, you might find an offer you can’t refuse!
- Have your wish list ready: The GOSF is going to be three days of high-adrenaline shopping, which means it’ll be very easy to be distracted all the time as you chase deal after deal. At a time like this, the thing you need most is focus; start by creating your shopping list/wish list in advance, and keep it in front of you!
- Shop @299: Take advantage of the GOSF Rs 299 corner where you will be able to find products that usually sell from Rs 500-2,000 being sold for Rs 299 only! Enjoy free shipping and can also avail COD payment mode.
- Banking details: It would be an epic failure, if you are not able to shop just because you forgot your password. The antidote? Have them memorized, even if it takes a day or two. And if you’re not confident, write it down on a piece of paper (but remember to keep it super-safe and destroy once you are done).
- Credit/Debit card balance: Seems obvious, no? But there’s no telling on how many juicy deals are lost just because of insufficient balance. Check ahead of time that your debit card have enough cash, and that your credit cards are paid up in full.
- Return policies: When you’re about to close a deal, don’t get swayed by the blinding discount. Most of the time, the pain comes after the shopping is over, when you want to return or exchange things. It’s understandable that you don’t want to go through the pain of plodding through return policies when it’s so much easier to check out, but patience is advised.
- Lastly, be patient: There will be glitches, there will be crashes, and there will be frozen check-out pages. The biggest disappointment of all, some of the best deals will go off even before you are able to buy them. In such situations, keep calm, don’t get frustrated and continue shopping. There is a myriad of deals, so stay calm and move on to the next thing in your list.