A recent analysis by Inc42 Plus revealed that the Indian healthtech market will contribute $21 Bn to the Indian GDP by 2025, which is still only 3.3% of the total addressable healthcare market, which pegged to reach $638 Bn by 2025.
To decode these opportunities in the healthtech segment and enable startups to build successful businesses catering to this burgeoning segment of India’s population, Inc42 and Microsoft introduced ‘The Dialogue’ series, with each session dedicated to a different sector including agritech, healthtech, fintech and horizontal SaaS.
In this session we brought together startup ecosystem stalwarts, tech experts and founders to talk about the opportunities and challenges in reaching this audience.
The Dialogue: Healthtech For India’s Next Billion
Moderated by Inc42 cofounder and CEO Vaibhav Vardhan, the discussion brought together Rahul Agarwal, director of healthtech-focussed venture fund Quadria Capital; Gaurav Agarwal, cofounder and CEO of epharmacy and telemedicine startup 1mg; Rohini Srivathsa, national technology officer at Microsoft India and Abhimanyu Bhosale, cofounder and CEO, LiveHealth, which develops lab management systems.
The discussion elaborated on various other aspects such as:
- Role of tech and how it will advance the healthcare ecosystem in India
- Corporates entering the healthtech space: impact and expectations
- The healthtech data debate
- Healthtech’s role and opportunities vis-a-vis Ayushman Bharat and achieving universal health coverage
- Opportunity presented by digital health IDs and National Health Stack
- Impact of AI/ML on prevention, diagnosis and finding cures and the focus areas of tech giants such as Microsoft