With going digital becoming a matter of weeks, there has been a tremendous rise in the adoption of the D2C model in India. A recent Inc42 Plus analysis revealed that today, India is home to more than 800 D2C brands across categories targeting $100 Bn+ opportunity.
Furthermore, Inc42 Plus’ Indian Tech Startup Funding Report, Q1 2021’s estimates show that D2C is the biggest contributor to the ecommerce industry’s revival and growth. While the first quarter of 2020 saw D2C startups raise $22 Mn, merely 5% of the industry’s total funding, in the next quarter the share rose to 28% though the amount fell to $10 Mn.
This has also led to a rise of ecommerce enablers and software makers to help these businesses tap into the new wave of digital businesses. Riding on, quick and easy set-up of an online store, innovative and personalised marketing, discounts and quick delivery, D2C brands are scaling in the country at a very fast pace.
With India’s online retail market entering a hyper-growth stage, ecommerce enablers and software developers are not only offering special incentives and offers to this new wave of digital businesses but also providing them with the resources they need to fulfil the growing demand.
As the businesses entering the D2C space continue to rise there will be new challenges and new opportunities for the enablers in the space. In this session of The Dialogue, presented by Inc42 and Microsoft, the panellists discuss the current market landscape, trends and opportunities for companies enabling India’s D2C market.
The Dialogue: How Ecommerce Enablers Are Empowering D2C Startups’ Scale-Up
Moderated By Arijit Sarkar, Associate Director at Trifecta Capital, the sessions hosted Ankit Tomar, cofounder and CTO at Bizongo; Mangesh Panditrao, cofounder and CEO at Shoptimize; Raj Raguneethan, Retail & Consumer Goods, Regional Business Leader at Microsoft Asia; and Nitya Sharma, cofounder and CEO at Simpl.
The discussion focussed on:
- How drastically the market has changed in the last year
- How are things different this year compared to 2020:
- How has the year been for all the panellists business-wise
- Impact on their business with the rise of D2C
- Indian D2C brands in the global market: the role of enablers and tech giants in propelling this growth, how do the investors see the market growing and how can startups tap into this opportunity
- Decoding the enterprise need for solutions catering to the needs of ecommerce, D2C businesses as well as retail businesses going online
- Building an enterprise-ready product (product positioning, security, trust & GTM, scalability, customisations, etc)
- How tech giants are empowering the new age innovations with AI, data, tech for companies addressing India’s D2C businesses
- Leveraging cloud and data for startups to build enterprise-ready solutions
Get Expert Insights With Over 50 Industry Leaders At
The D2C Summit! Claim 50% + 25% OFF Today!