In addition to travel and movie booking solutions, Paytm will now offer gaming solutions on its payment gateway app.\r\n\r\nThe digital payment solutions company Paytm has partnered with Hong Kong-based gaming and entertainment giant AGTech Holdings to launch Gamepind, a mobile gaming platform with social and casual games.\r\n\r\nCommenting on the JV, Paytm founder and CEO Vijay Shekhar Sharma stated, \u201cIndia\u2019s young consumers are experimenting and discovering more entertainment options on the mobile. Gaming is, therefore, growing in the country and becoming big with mobile users. AGTech\u2019s expertise and experience in global gaming market will help us accelerate our plans in gaming and bring exciting content to our users.\u201d\r\n\r\nWith an initial authorised share capital of $6 Mn, the joint venture will see further investments of $8.8 Mn and $7.2 Mn investments from Paytm and AGTech Media respectively.\r\n\r\nAs reported by Inc42, Alibaba Group-backed Paytm had announced to form a JV with Hong Kong\u2019s media and entertainment firm AGTech Media in July, last year.\r\n\r\nAGTech Media is a wholly-owned subsidiary of AGTech Holdings, a China-based integrated lottery technology, and services company. It is owned by Alibaba Group company, Ali Fortune Investment Holding Ltd. The Alibaba Group is also a major investor in Paytm.\r\n\r\nAs part of the JV, Paytm will hold 55% of the shares while the rest 45% by AGTech Holding, according to an announcement by AGTech.\r\n\r\nCommenting on their first significant international expansion, John Sun, Chairman of AGTech said, \u201cWe are excited to partner with Paytm to localize this unique platform for its 300 Mn and growing registered customer base by combining Paytm\u2019s local resources and our expertise in gaming and other user engagement activities. A member of Alibaba Group and Ant Financial Group, we have been active in looking for international expansion opportunities capitalising on the vibrant ecosystems of Alibaba Group and Ant Financial Group.\u201d\r\n\r\nGamepind will be available on Paytm app as well as independently too. The JV will be engaged in the development and operation of various platforms including website, mobile applications or other distribution channels to build and publish a variety of products for Indian customers such as mobile games and other user engagement activities. This will, in turn, help Paytm Group drive deeper consumer engagement as Indian customers can earn exclusive rewards and discounts on the platform, the company said in the official statement.\r\n\r\nTurned Decacorn in a very short span of its journey, Paytm keeps evolving its design thinking, infusing some unique as well as general offerings on its platform. Besides Gamepind, the digital payment solution provider has recently tied up with Beijing-based bike rental service Ofo to offer bicycle sharing solutions in India.