TLabs, an incubator run by Times Internet Ltd (TIL), has disclosed names of 9 startups that it has picked for its Fall 2013 Batch, which started early last month. The startups comes from sectors like retail, health, media, and advertising, among others.
According to the incubator, some of them have already started signing up initial (paying) customers. The incubator had picked a combined total of 7 startups in its first two batches (of which one had shut shop), and increased this number to 7 in the 3rd batch alone. With this batch, TLabs takes its portfolio count to 23.
The unique thing about the current batch is that it also includes students currently studying in colleges. TLabs typically invests around Rs 10 lakh for a 10% stake in an incubatee company.
Here is a quick look at the startups:
1) BetaGlide: It is a mobile app testing platform that helps developers to gather information in real-time about the system usage and the behavior of their app, while they beta test their app in real life environment before launch.
2) GetMeAShop: It is an ecommerce platform helping offline businesses to set-up and manage their online store.
3) JiffStore– A Bangalore based mobile commerce platform that allows supermarkets to sell grocery online and helps customers to shop using their mobile phones.
4) Labforth: Based in Delhi, Labforth provides a cost effective and easy to use laboratory information management and marketing platform. It allows any Pathology Lab to deliver professional reports to their clients online, quickly and securely and also helps in keeping track of your patient reports and prescriptions.
5) News in Shorts (NIS): It is a mobile news platform that summarizes the news within 60 words, providing facts without any opinion. It picks up the most popular stories from various sources and provides them on mobile and web.
6) Sponsored Giveaways: A marketplace connecting Sponsors (Advertisers) and Bloggers to deal with Giveaways / Contests online.
7) VindowShop: An image recognition platform, helping users to search and buy apparel by simply clicking on pictures shared online.
8) Vozeal: Based out in Bangalore, Vozeal is a self-serve platform. It helps video advertisers in expanding their reach through a network of publishers, where publishers can monetize through an additional channel.
9) Yippster: A patent pending technology that provides digital content providers an additional payment method through telecom operator billing.
Satyan Gajwani, CEO, Times Internet , said,” There are lots of entrepreneurs starting up in India now and I feel the idea of start-ups being a ‘mentality’ rather than a concept. The challenge that runs ahead of every entrepreneur is to prove the proposition by convincing people. TLabs provides the edge over other start-ups right from the beginning as our goal is to support entrepreneurs as well as the entire innovative ecosystem to unlock the maximum value”.