We’re in circa 2018, and the world has definitely come a long way in terms of technology. Since the beginning of the new millennium, there have been groundbreaking technological advancements, such as self-driving cars, Android, the launch of the Mars Rover, Virtual Reality to name a few. The new addition to this already exceptional list is Artificial Intelligence (AI).
It has been a trending topic for quite a while now, and it is undoubtedly a great feat. Artificial Intelligence is the intelligence that is shown by machines. AI has been making big news, and its use in various fields have already been estimated, one of them being digital marketing. But before diving into that, let’s discuss a bit about AI on general terms.
What is Artificial Intelligence?
To put it in the simplest of terms, Artificial Intelligence is the intelligence that is showcased by machines, as opposed to the natural or the forced intelligence in humans. While AI has been in existence for a long time, it has gained humongous popularity due to the rising power of computers and related technology.
What are the Benefits of Artificial Intelligence?
- AI Accounts for Lesser Errors: To err is human. However, with the gradual increase in the usage of AI, there will be fewer errors and work would be done with better precision. That would definitely decrease time spent on a particular work and increase the efficiency.
Related Article: The Controversy of Artificial Intelligence
- AI Helps with Daily Applications: Nearly everything that we use, be it GPS, or voice assistants, or social media tags, it all runs on AI algorithms. AI has made life quite simple with its amazingly useful algorithms, thus making our work quite easy.
- AI is the Base for Digital Help: With the help of Artificial Intelligence, online support interaction is going to be pretty flawless, owing to the fact that machines can easily predict buyer behaviour and decisions and use that data for a future purpose to solve issues.
AI And Digital Marketing:
- User Experience Will Level Up: A great user experience or user journey is what keeps the audience flowing to your website. The website should always be built in a way so as to provide visitors with the utmost ease of use. With the use of AI in digital marketing, it’s going to be much easier to predict buyer behaviour, buyer persona, search cycles, and what not! And not to forget the ease of customer service, because chatbots can solve issues at a much faster rate.
- Return on Investment Will Be Better: Artificial Intelligence uses a high-level image recognition. This is a great feature which can make payment processes way faster than they are now. AI can also solve the security concerns involved in online transactions. Machine learning helps collect adequate data from user behaviours, and adds up to its inventory with a better database and design, and based on audience interest; it provides with a better decision-making algorithm, which brings about great ROI.
- Search Sessions Get Easier: While the users’ current search sessions work quite well, they can sometimes get clumsy or confusing. With AI infused in Digital Marketing, search engines and search sessions will get much smarter and much hassle-free, because AI easily tracks user behaviour and predicts their future web behaviour and decisions, which would lead to better keywords and even, increases use of semantic keywords.
- Reaching the Right Target Audience Gets Simpler: When you own a brand, it’s important that you reach the right people who can bring value to your brand and its assets. AI-based Digital Marketing makes reaching out to the best target audience easier, as AI helps in finding people based on their interests, focus, demography, and other aspects and decides which people would constitute the best target audience for the brand.
- Forecasting the Sales: The market is a forever fluctuating place, and a negative fluctuation can cause way too many changes for businesses, The Great Recession of 2008 being a fine example. However, with AI, it gets easier to predict the future trends of the market, so accordingly, the necessary digital marketing trends can be implemented. This saves a great deal of hassle later.
- Advertising Gets Better: Advertisements are necessary for promoting the brand. But it so happens that often people get advertisements that have got nothing to do with their interests. Since AI collects and analyses user data and predicts user behaviour, brands can create advertisements according to their audience’s preference and users, in turn, would be seeing ads that matter to them based on their interests.
While AI is pretty much on the rise, it is a completely promising technology, that can work wonders in a vast number of fields. Implementing it in Digital Marketing strategies not only makes things easier for brands but solves the customers’ problems as well.