Just like a good teacher makes a brilliant student, a good executive trainer makes dynamic leaders.
No one is a born leader, it needs a lot of practice, training and learning to hone effective leadership skills under the guidance of an excellent trainer who brings the best out of his/her trainees. Some exceptional industry leaders like Sunder Pichai, Indra Nooyi, Satya Nadella have successfully made an irreplaceable space based on their stellar contribution and commendable leadership skills. These people are true inspirations for the aspiring leaders who dream to take forward the legacy of such dynamic personalities.
Fortunately, the industry also has some seasoned executive trainers who master the art of inculcating high values, optimism, and effective presentation and communication skills amongst trainers through their strategic and result-oriented executive training. Appropriate training at the appropriate time does wonders in replenishing and rebuilding executives’ minds and souls to make a difference in their personal and professional lives.
Every shining leader reflects rigorous training and grooming delivered by a dedicated trainer. Now, the important question that hits our minds is what makes executive training effective? How trainers mold professionals as a precedent of good leadership? What are the traits that a person must possess to become a dynamic leader?
The most common answers to the last question would be a broad vision, effective communication, and interpersonal skills. Right?
Yes, but partially. A person requires a lot more than these defined traits to become a successful leader and the most crucial aspect is to create influence.
The Process Of Influence
The prominent Vroom and Jago decision model articulated one of the precise and most effective definitions of leadership as ‘the process of influence’. While most people would certainly consider influence as creating a high-level vision and communication strategy, the practical facet of leadership and influence is to drive others towards constructive outcomes.
The process of influence is developing a more realistic and result oriented leadership vision. As most leaders can influence others but a very few can convert that influence into achievable terms, and this makes a difference. Here comes the significance of apt training by a great trainer who indeed coaches their apprentice to become a practical leader. Look how!
When we accept the fact that the best leadership characteristic is to influence others to take adequate action rather than just talking and discussing it, we can create an algorithm for some incremental advances. Effective training teaches an adjusting aptitude for a consistent evolution in a transforming ecosystem to keep moving forward with fellow mates. Trainers recognize the weaknesses of trainees and dedicatedly work on polishing those weaknesses until they turn into strengths.
For example, in a musical band, the instructor will not fire the entire band because the guitarist didn’t perform well, neither will he/she fire the guitarist even. Rather the instructor will identify the problem and will closely groom the guitarist to practice hard and hone his skills to perfection for the combined success of the group.
Good training builds responsible and impactful leaders who deep dive into the problems, analyse the criticality and find effective solutions to root-out the issue.
Effective Leadership Training Includes
- Penetration of the idea that leadership is a regular and summarised intervention of multiple errands accomplished with effective strategies.
- Recognizing the meaning of good performance and redefining it in a practical approach.
- Learning to have deep and analytical conversations about things that are workable while putting even more emphasis on the things which are not workable.
- Developing self-awareness amongst professionals to bring their focus towards the most impactful developments
- Building a team that complements each other’s strengths and weaknesses. A group with common skills can be harmonious but cannot find an effective way to manage their weaknesses.
- Leaders should widely connect with other influencers and leaders to know about ongoing market trends and insights to continuously keep them updated. They should also get frequently in touch with fellow team members to provide them real-time feedback and appreciations for further improvement.
- Avoiding flattering discussions and investing their energy in enhancing practical, deliverable and achievable tasks.
Leadership and executive training are a mandate for every individual and organization as it creates prospective leaders and influencers who bring new ideas and innovations in conventional business models for better and faster growth. Change always comes from within, so we first need to bring a positive change within ourselves by leveraging experienced training by charismatic coaches to turn things better.