The Indian market is changing fast. Internet growth is mainstreaming among the young population of India and the mobile access is growing in leaps and bounds.
IdeateLabs has released data on Indian Internet consumers, digital media consumption in India, advertising market in India, mobile users and its usage, users demographics& behavior and other domains surrounding digital ecosystem.
As per the report
- There are over 900 Mn mobile phone connections in India with over 200 million internet users.
- Of the total population in India, around 1/6th are internet users, while 1/10th are mobile internet users.
- In 2013, there was a 31% growth in internet users in India as compared to 2012.
- By 2015, Indian rural market will be 2x bigger than India’s urban market today.
- While 21 million Indian users use social media and online mediums to find partners, 40 million browse online for reviews.
- Online blogs showed the maximum growth in users with 48% YOY growth, followed by comparison shopping and apparels.
The presentation was created by IdeateLabs.