Quoted & Trusted By
The Inc42 State Of The Ecosystem 2018 report contains insights from over 49,000 startups, 1500+ investors, 36 states and Union territories across the length and breadth of India, catering to its 1.3 Bn population.
Total number of startups launched in India till date
Coworking spaces in India
Incubators & accelerators supporting India startups
Startups that have been acquired between January 2015—September 2018
Table Of Contents
- Indian Startup Ecosystem: An Overview
- History Of Indian Startup Ecosystem
- Funds, Funders And Funding: An Overview
- The Unicorns & The Soonicorns
- 42Infuentials: Indian Startup Ecosystem Influencers
- 42Next: India's Most Innovative Startups
- The Roadblocks
- 2020: The Road Ahead
- Indian Startup Hubs: A Deep Dive Into The Top 14 Hubs
- India And The World: Startup Corridors
- Sectoral Overview: A Deepdive Into The Top 13 Sectors
- Ecosystem Entities: Understanding The 8 Entities
- Ecosystem Sentiment: The Survey
SummaryFrom ~7,000 startups in 2008, the Indian technology startup ecosystem grew to reach ~38,000 startups in 2015 — a 5.5X growth. Since then, it has grown exponentially with over 49,000 startups having been launched over the years till date.
More Reports In DataLabs By Inc42+
Investment Tech: The Rise Of Retail Investment In India, Report 2021Learn More
Investment Tech: The Rise Of Retail Investment In India, Report 2021
The outbreak of the Covid-19 pandemic in 2020 disrupted several sectors, forcing companies to shift towards digitisation to stay operational and competitive. And the same holds for investment platforms. Investment tech platforms got a much-needed boost during Covid-19 due to the rise in digitisation and the stay-at-home mandate followed by the people.
Millennials preferred investing in capital markets at a steady clip as pay losses, economic woes and increased time at home forced them to look for new income streams during the pandemic. In fact, close to 6.3 Mn demat accounts were opened during April-September 2020, taking the total count to 44.5 Mn, according to the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI). This triggered significant growth in the investment tech sector and captured the VC community’s interest.