Quoted & Trusted By
Raised By Indian Startups From 268 Funding Deals In Q1 2021
Seed Stage Funding Deals Recorded
Of All Startups Funded In Q1 2021 Had A Female Founder
The Startup Sector With The Highest M&A Deals In Q1 2021
Table Of Contents
- Executive Summary
- Notable Startups Funded In Q1 2021
- Indian Startup Funding Trends
- Sector-Wise Startup Funding Analysis
- Stage-Wise Startup Funding Analysis
- Hub-Wise Startup Funding Trends
- Investor Participation Trends
- Most Active Investors Of Q1 2021
- Merger And Acquisition Trends
SummaryBengaluru is widely regarded as the startup capital of India and the investment scenario by the end of Q1 2021 solidifies this claim. Interestingly, out of the 29 quarters between 2014 and Q1 2021, Bengaluru retained the investment top spot in 24 quarters or 83% of the time.
In Q1 2021, the total count of M&A deals across the Indian startup ecosystem stood at 22, which was 16% lower than the quarterly average (Q1 2017-Q4 2020) of 26. Edtech and media and entertainment startups recorded the highest number of mergers and acquisitions in this quarter.
Although there have been significant improvements in startup ecosystems across Tier 2 and Tier 3 cities, the inflow of high-value deals and Tier 1 VC confidence remain a challenge.