Inc42 Plus gives you an inside look at how startups are transforming the Indian economy. Start exploring some of our most recent Inc42 Plus explorations designed for our growing list of industry leaders and executives who’ve made the decision to gain an edge, make smarter decisions, and connect with the people who matter.
Makers Academy is the only product training platform for makers and teams that uses India's top 1% practitioners as instructors. Access over 75+ hours worth of exclusive content on product from 100+ leaders & experts.
Once a month, we take you on a deep dive into the people, companies and events defining the Indian startup economy.
Farming 3.0: India’s Mission Agritech
Once least favoured, agritech is today betted as one of the most resilient sectors. The pandemic has further pushed farmers to leverage technology offered by the startups in the space, thereby making the sector a hotspot of investments. Is India’s agritech on the brink of a permanent transformation or the newly-found success a passing cloud? This playbook explores!
India's Digital Lending Reset
India’s digital lending sector is currently in a reset mode as the contracting GDP, moratorium, & Covid-19 has forced companies to adopt digital, review credit models & more. This playbook takes a deep dive into the challenges and new pathways adopted by digital lending startups for survival and scale!
Dissecting India’s Healthtech
India's healthtech startups were growing rapidly even before the pandemic, but Covid-19 has ushered in a new age. This series dives into the trends, startups business models emerging in the wake of Covid-19.
What You'll Learn?
- A nuanced analysis of new trends and the startups spearheading healthtech revolution in India
- An extensive review of the changes brought in by technology within India's healthcare system
- How technology is making India's healthcare future-ready
India's Digital Entertainment Hype
“With the rise of the internet, “attention” became the new currency! Covid19, however, has created a paradigm shift in the way we consume content and the way people socialize online. In this playbook, we delve into the new attention economy – new models, emerging players and trends in the world of social media, news apps, audio and video streaming, online games and more.”
What You'll Learn?
- How tech is solving the decades old problems of efficiency.
- Behind the new age technologies building the India's farms of the future.
- s building tech enough? Have a ringside view on what would really drive adoption.
India's Electric Future
India is electrifying its vehicles, but is it enough to reach 30% penetration by 2030? Deep dive into what really needs to be done to help India become a 'true' EV nation.
What You'll Learn?
- The current and future market size of the electric vehicle sector and the opportunities being created to cater this burgeoning market.
- The impact on climate as a result of electrification of automobiles and the other challenges behind India's ambitious EV mission.
- What India can learn from the US & China on EV adoption.
India's Edtech Moment
Technology is upending the traditional ways of teaching and learning. What does the future of education hold?
What You'll Learn?
- How tech is redefining 21st century education as the threats of automation and the gig economy loom large.
- A deep dive into the future of teaching and learning and how edtech is redefining it.
- Indepth analysis of some of the biggest trends and companies changing the education landscape in India.
DataLabs helps today’s leading entrepreneurs, investors and innovators make data-backed decisions using our insightful charts and incisive research reports on India's rapidly evolving startup economy.
Investment Tech: The Rise Of Retail Investment In India, Report 2021
The outbreak of the Covid-19 pandemic in 2020 disrupted several sectors, forcing companies to shift towards digitisation to stay operational and competitive. And the same holds for investment platforms. Investment tech platforms got a much-needed boost during Covid-19 due to the rise in digitisation and the stay-at-home mandate followed by the people.
Millennials preferred investing in capital markets at a steady clip as pay losses, economic woes and increased time at home forced them to look for new income streams during the pandemic. In fact, close to 6.3 Mn demat accounts were opened during April-September 2020, taking the total count to 44.5 Mn, according to the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI). This triggered significant growth in the investment tech sector and captured the VC community’s interest.
Kerala: Driving India’s Hardware Startup Revolution Report 2021
Kerala has been India’s hardware innovation hub for a long time. The journey that took off in 1973 with Keltron — a manufacturer of various electronic products — has now culminated in a slew of new-age, innovative startups such as Sastra Robotics, VST Mobility, ASIMoV Robotics and more. Most importantly, a majority of these startups have come forward to the state’s rescue in times of crisis, be it a turbulent tale of floods, the 2018 Nipah virus outbreak or the current Covid-19 pandemic.
In this report, we give you a glimpse of Kerala’s 80+ hardware startups and the journeys and roles of enablers such as the Maker Village, Fablabs and more, in helping the state metamorphose into the largest hardware hub of India.
The State Of Indian Startup Ecosystem Report 2021
Today the Indian startup ecosystem is home to 38,815 active startups who are at the forefront of the internet revolution in India. From ecommerce to electric vehicles the Indian startups are also the torch bearer for innovation in the country.
The Inc42 Plus ‘The State Of Indian Startup Ecosystem Report 2021’ provides a holistic view of the sector, the report offers a juxtaposition of the funding, M&As and the growing number of unicorns and unicorns in the country. A comprehensive analysis of the investor ecosystem is also provided.
Indian Tech Startup Funding Report Q1 2021
In the first quarter of CY2021, Indian startups raised $2.7 Bn from 268 funding deals. However, the funding amount was 12% lower than the quarterly average (2017-2020) of $3.1 Bn.
Fintech was the most preferred startup sector in Q1 2021. Compared to the previous quarter (Q4 2020), the number of funding deals was 26% higher. It was also the top startup sector in 2020.
From a macro perspective, the overall adoption of internet-based products and services was no longer limited to Bengaluru, Delhi-NCR and Mumbai — the top three startup hubs in India. This change in the consumption pattern of the Indian public has thrown open several opportunities for tech-enabled products and services, and they are able to expand their user base beyond the digital borders of the top three startup hubs.
India’s eHealth Market Opportunity Report, 2021
With the Covid-19 outbreak in 2020, several sectors were disrupted and urged to shift towards digitisation to stay operational and competitive in the new environment. Among them, healthcare was one of the most impacted sectors. However, new-age technologies have dramatically transformed the sector and eHealth is growing at a fast clip. India’s healthcare industry had made significant progress in the last few years. But the pandemic has accelerated its growth as never before.
As Covid-induced lockdowns across the country mandated staying at home, people started shifting to online platforms for doctor consultations, diagnostics, and fitness and wellness solutions. Moreover, the government released its telemedicine guidelines in the early phase of lockdowns, thus triggering the growth of telemedicine startups in India. This also attracted the interest of the VC community and the eHealth sector in India took a quantum leap in terms of reach and excellence.
The Annual Indian Tech Startup Funding Report 2020
The Indian startup ecosystem has grown by leaps and bounds in the past decade. From a nascent ecosystem with a handful of tech-focussed ventures to 29K startups in 2014, the number has grown exponentially, touched 55K startups by the end of 2020.
The Inc42 Plus “The Annual Indian Tech Startup Funding Report 2020” maps this journey and encapsulates the growth of the Indian startup ecosystem from the early days to its ongoing transition into maturity and beyond. The report analyses the performance of the ecosystem based on a number of indicators such as the capital invested in startups, the prominent investors, tech sectors and the geographic landscape, as well as a look at the financial performance of Indian unicorns and much more.
Learn through comprehensive, guided playbooks how to validate your startup idea, acquire your first customers, and secure funding.
Founders’ Guide To Building ESOPs
ESOP (employee stock ownership plan) buybacks have gained immense popularity in India in recent years. But in spite of ESOPs gaining momentum in Indian private markets, several startups are still unsure about the concept of wealth sharing. Some do not understand how the ESOP ecosystem works while others fail to identify the right way of implementing an ESOP policy.
In this guide, we aim to take startup founders through every aspect of ESOPs, right from various clauses in the ESOP policy and ESOP scheme document to the ESOP process flow, success stories and much more.
The guide will act as the ultimate resource for formulating your ESOP policy and updating it at different stages.
What You'll Learn?
- How to draft an ESOP policy
- How to grant ESOPs at your startup
- How to evolve ESOP pool across stages
- How ESOP vesting works
- How taxation works
- ESOP templates and more
Decoding Term Sheets For Early Stage Startups
Investment term sheets always end up becoming a complex topic for early stage startups.
This guide will help founders get familiarised with the first document they receive from an investor as an offer to invest in the company which typically contains everything material in relation to the valuation, investment details, rights of the investor, restrictive covenants and exit commitments. The guide also talks about a new form of CCPS — “iSAFE”.
Reading this will help startups raising seed or Pre Series A funding prepare for what is coming inevitably and help navigate through the most commonly used terms, the process involved and typical investor asks!
What You'll Learn?
- Understanding how to structure terms to meet the interests of both startups and investors
- The crucial terms included in the early stage term sheets and their impact
- The process involved and typical investor asks
- Importance of various types of shares, capitalisation table & other key terms
- How “iSAFE” works
- Along with, term sheet templates & more
Building And Scaling Up A Digital Retail Brand
With the lockdown rules bringing down the shutters on many offline stores, retail brands have been forced to open or scale online stores to reach consumers. With footfall and retail visits expected to remain low for months, a permanent shift in consumer behaviour towards online buying is inevitable. Thus, it is time for retail brands to also embrace the D2C way of life and use online tools to go directly to the consumer!
This guide aims to help brands and offline retailers to build and scale up their digital or D2C brand seamlessly.
The guide will help you understand the various opportunities, options for brands, managing the supply chain, automation across business processes, optimising marketing to maximise reach and more.
What You'll Learn?
- Building your retail D2C online brand
- Using digital tools & analytics to accelerate your digital strategy
- How to go about digital payments
- Introduction to managing your logistics for digital customers
- Customer acquisition & marketing strategies to scale up
- Legal & compliance knowledge
15+ Hours Of Insights & Learnings From India’s Top Product Leaders & Experts You Won’t Find Elsewhere!
$150k+ worth of deals, discounts and free access to a hand-picked set of essential products and services for entrepreneurs to start and accelerate your growth.
Get $50K Credits For Mixpanel Product Analytics
$ 50,000 Value
With Mixpanel, digital businesses innovate and grow faster by analyzing, measuring and improving their product experiences.
Mixpanel : Get $50K Credits For Mixpanel Product Analytics
Great customer experiences and innovation are driven by data.
Mixpanel helps anyone answer questions about user behavior in seconds, without analytics expertise. This enables product development teams to act faster to improve experiences, engage users and drive growth.
Eligible startups get $50,000 in credits towards the Mixpanel Growth plan. The credits will be valid for 1 year and cover costs for the plan as well as additional data fees.
The Mixpanel Startup Program is available if you were founded less than 2 years ago, have raised no more than $5M in funding, and are not currently on any of Mixpanel's paid plans.
*This offering can be redeemed as per Mixpanel’s eligibility rules & discretion.
Upto 90% Off On HubSpot Software
$ 60,000 Value
HubSpot offers a full stack of software for marketing, sales, and customer service, with a completely free CRM at its core.
HubSpot For Startups : Upto 90% Off On HubSpot Software
1. A startup with under $2 Mn in funding | You are eligible for up to 90% off HubSpot software in your first year, 50% off in your second, and 25% off ongoing.
2. A startup who has raised over $2 Mn in named funding up to and including Series A | You are eligible for up to 50% off in your first year, and 25% off ongoing.
Education Resources & Tailored Training: Content, masterclasses, and 24/7 support to get your startup growing. From board deck templates to quick tips on customer acquisition, this content is made just for you. Plus, you’ll have access to world-class support from HubSpot experts and startup-friendly onboarding experience.
Professional Software, Startup Pricing: Access to HubSpot Growth Platform, a full suite of software for marketing, sales, and customer service, with a completely free CRM at its core at a startup-friendly price, to help you grow and scale better. The software grows as you do, so you have access to in-person product training, too.
Integrated Platform For Startups: Access to over 200 software integrations, many at startup-friendly pricing, as well as the opportunity to build integration on the HubSpot platform.
1. The HSFS startup-friendly pricing is only applicable to net-new HubSpot Hubs or upgrades of existing Starter subscriptions to Basic, Professional, or Enterprise products; customers may not apply the startup program pricing to existing Basic, Professional, or Enterprise Hubs.
*This offering can be redeemed as per HubSpot For Startups’ eligibility rules & discretion.
Get Upto $50K In Segment Credits
$ 50,000 Value
Segment lets you collect and connect your analytics data to apps like Google Analytics, Amplitude, etc. without having to write integration code.
Segment Startup Program : Get Upto $50K In Segment Credits
Get up to $50K in Segment credits (enough to track 200,000 users for - free for up to two years!)
You can avail the Segment’s Team Plan If You Are:
1. Early Stage (2-3 years old)
2. Raised less than $5M
*This offering can be redeemed as per Segment’s eligibility rules & discretion.
$45K Worth Of Payout Credits On RazorpayX
$ 45,000 Value
RazorpayX is a neobanking platform that helps businesses manage their finances efficiently and make timely payouts.
RazorpayX : $45K Worth Of Payout Credits On RazorpayX
1. RazorpayX is a neobanking platform that helps businesses manage their finances efficiently and make timely payouts using an intuitive dashboard or powerful APIs
2. In addition to standard banking features, RazorpayX’s Current Accounts come equipped with API Banking, Approvals Workflow, Enterprise-Grade Security & Support, and CRM-level Financial Insights to help you save time and money while you run the show
3. Start with RazorpayX today with zero setup cost and enjoy benefits up to $55,000 on Razorpay's suite of robust payment solutions
*This offering can be redeemed as per RazorpayX’s eligibility rules & discretion.
Get 1 Year Of Amplitude For Free
$ 40,000 Value
Amplitude is a product intelligence platform that provides digital product tools that help teams run and grow their businesses.
Amplitude : Get 1 Year Of Amplitude For Free
1. Get enough data to help you in your product-market fit journey with access to 20 Mn events per month.
2. Get full access to Amplitude’s paid growth plan, with features including behavioural cohorts, predictive analytics, advanced collaboration, & more.
1. Your company was launched less than 2 years ago
2. You’ve received less than $5 Mn in funding
3. You have fewer than 20 employees
4. You are not an existing Amplitude customer
5. You have never used Amplitude’s Startup Scholarship before
*This offering can be redeemed as per Amplitude’s eligibility rules & discretion.
$10K Credits On Razorpay Payment Gateway
$ 10,000 Value
Razorpay lets you accept payments from customers, automate payouts to vendors & borrow quick business loans.
Razorpay : $10K Credits On Razorpay Payment Gateway
1. Razorpay enables businesses like you to stay on top of your game with our complete range of out of the box solutions be it for accepting payments on the website, apps, SMS, or even automatically via subscription mandates
2. Razorpay is the only financial solution in India which provides advanced features like neo banking, capital lending, payroll management, and an AI-enabled RTO loss mitigator for its merchants
3. Start with Razorpay today with zero setup cost and enjoy benefits up to $55,000 on Razorpay's suite of robust payment solutions
*This offering can be redeemed as per Razorpay’s eligibility rules & discretion.
Exclusive industry analysis, provocative insights, & deep dives for Inc42 Plus Members.