The Delhi Government has launched an Android app called mSeva, in association with the Delhi Jal Board (DJB) that will help citizens to pay their water bills. This facility is also available on the web.
The app will generate a bill, if a user takes a picture of their water meter. Besides bill payment, mSeva app will also allow users to view and download previous bills & payment receipts and check the water consumption graph. This can help consumers to even skip queues at DJB and its associated centres.
The DJB will also let users apply for a new connection, disconnection, reopening, grievance logging and tracking application status.
mSeva is basically a revamp of DJB app that was launched in 2014 to help people to register complaints related to dirty water, leakage, sewer overflow and missing manhole covers. mSeva will cater to the city’s 21 lakh water connections.
Other tech developments done by the government:
- This month, in order to boost Delhi government’s tax collection and bring in transparency, deputy chief minister Manish Sisodia had launched ‘DVAT BILL’ app, developed by the Trade and Taxes department.
- Earlier this month, the Indian Ministry of Culture collected data of over 5.5 Mn artists, as a part of the Cultural Mapping of India (Bharat ka sankrutik manachitran) project.
- Tourists landing in India on e-tourist visa would soon be getting a “gift kit” from Tourism Ministry which would consist of SIM card, maps, booklets and CD with information about various tourists destinations, guidelines relating to dos and don’ts, details regarding whom to contact in case of any emergency, among other things.
- In December 2015, all CBSE books and learning material have been made available online by the NCERT through its mobile app and e-books for free, as part of the Centre’s good governance efforts.
- The department of registration and stamps in Maharashtra appointed Mumbai-based Network People Service Technologies Pvt Ltd (NPST) as an authorised service partner (ASP) to provide the online registration of Leave and Licenses Agreement to citizens.
Welcome to Flash Feed, your essential source for breaking news and innovation from around the web – bite-sized and updated all day.