Various job portals such as Naukri, Monster etc helps in connecting employees with employers but their services are paid. To make life easy for the employees and employers, PM Narendra Modi has launched a comprehensive job portal, National Career Service which focuses on connecting all existing employment centers as well as in creating one of a kind of an online employment exchange board.
With a budget allocation of INR 100 Cr., NCS will act as a one-stop platform for both employees and employers and the registration can be done online. Govt. has already initiated talks to include 900,000 privately registered companies into the portal.
Despite free registrations fee, applicants would be required to link their Aadhaar Card with the account to filter out genuine applicants and companies which are registering as employers need to submit their registration papers for authentication.
Currently, 2 Cr. job seekers are already on-board on NCS and within the next few days, all remaining candidates would find themselves inside their database. With this, NCS will directly benefit 4.48 crore job seekers who are already registered across 959 employment exchanges across the country.
Few features about NCS:
- The portal has included 2,04,07,548 registered job seekers, 1031 career centers, 129 career counselors, 1684 registered employers from 53 industries and 23,956 Subject Matter Experts
- This portal to be linked with every employment exchange across India, and all Ministries and Govt. Departments would be mandated to share their job requirements on this website.
- 100 employment exchanges (out of 959) would be digitalized and enhanced to include career counselors and Subject Matter Experts as well.
- Ministry of Entrepreneurship, Skill India Mission and MSME Ministry would be directly linked with the job portal, so that startups and SMEs can pick the right candidates for their ventures.
- This job portal has been designed to create a melting point of three major Govt. initiatives: Digital India, Skill India and Make in India
- PM Modi has specifically shared that candidates who are seeking jobs should first be counseled as per his/her area of interest and capability, and mapping needs to done before initiating Skill enhancement program.
- According to a report in Mint, since it’s a Union government initiative and Modi is taking interest in it, all central government ministries and departments and state-run enterprises will be persuaded to post their job vacancies through it. The skill development and entrepreneurship ministry and the ministry of small and medium enterprises will be key partners of this initiative.
This is a snapshot of the working mechanism.
Other than searching and applying for jobs through the website, NCS will also feature career counseling, aptitude assessment, job matching, skill courses, training providers. Special guidance courses on self-employment and entrepreneurship would also start in next few months.