SmartUp is tailored to meet all the requirements of a startup – offering banking and payment solutions, along with advisory and forex services. The move is done in a bid to create an ecosystem to nurture the spirit of innovation and enterprise in the startup space.
SmartUp is a complete banking solution for startups. The key benefits of SmartUp current account include:
- Waiver of Average Monthly Balance for the first six months and extendable to 12 months
- Salary Account for employees by waiving the minimum number of employees criterion
- PayZapp for Business – a payment and collection solution
- Dedicated Relationship Manager, recommendation of a Chartered Accountant for Tax, Regulatory and Compliance issues
- Opportunity to showcase products on SmartBuy (HDFC Bank’s exclusive offers platform) to 37 Mn HDFC customers
Smita Bhagat, Branch Banking Head (North) and Co-head, ecommerce, HDFC Bank, said, “We believe startups in India need partners who will be with them right from the start of their entrepreneurial journey, creating solutions that evolve as the company grows.”
SmartUp will be available across India, even in tier-2 and tier-3 cities that are emerging as startup hubs. The product has been developed after talking to a lot of startups and incorporates feedback from young entrepreneurs.