Social media networking platform, Facebook, has announced that it has garnered around 2 Mn small businesses actively advertising on its platform in India.
Globally, it managed to engage over 3 Mn companies, claiming more than 70% of them, from outside the US. Also, more than 50 Mn small businesses are using Facebook’s free pages product to grow worldwide.
Although, Facebook did not score well with its Free Basics in India, but it has managed to connect over 57% of people on Facebook to small business. The insights revealed by the company also states that more than 1 Bn people on Facebook are connected to at least one business.
To commemorate these milestones, Facebook has announced the development of Your Business Story, a new movie tool that makes it easy for business owners to showcase what their company brings to the world. As part of the tool, businesses are able to upload their photos from their Page, overlay with music and share “what they are in the business of” doing.
Here are the few developments recorded by Facebook:
- As of Oct 2015, 2 Mn small business in India actively use Facebook Pages
- 57% of people on Facebook in India are connected to at least one small business
- More than 1.99 Bn interactions generated between businesses and people in India
- 3 Mn businesses globally are active advertisers
- 70% of 3 Mn active advertisers are outside of the US; Fastest growing region is South East Asia
- The top three verticals globally building pages are: services, local commerce and ecommerce
- More than 1 Mn advertisers across the world create an ad directly from a mobile device
- More than 43 Bn connections between people and businesses on Facebook globally
In India, Facebook launched the first SME India Council in 2015. It was the first council in Asia Pacific and the second SME Council in the world to help small ventures from various industries share feedback, and discuss ideas around leveraging technology to grow their enterprise. Besides, to drive economic growth, create new jobs and enrich the lives of people across the country through SMB businesses, Facebook also created the India Client Council, a forum for leading marketers to discuss the future of marketing, in 2014.
Welcome to Flash Feed, your essential source for breaking news and innovation from around the web – bite-sized and updated all day.