Bangalore based plug ‘n’ play workspace for startups, BHIVE Workspace has raised an undisclosed amount in seed funding led by Raghunandan G (Founder, TaxiForSure), Rajesh Rai (Venture Capitalist & Co-Founder, Venturesity), Arihant Patni (Managing Director, Hive Technologies), Sanjay Mirchandani (Owner, Mirchandani Group), and Arun Narayan (Director, UK India Business Council).
BHIVE was started out as a provider of accessible and quality plug ‘n’ play workspace in Koramangla, Bangalore in November 2014. It now fulfils the vision behind its existence by fueling efficiency, catalyzing innovation, triggering collaborations and housing success stories of about 90 startups covering 4000 active members.
It currently has three coworking spaces across Bangalore (HSR, Indiranagar & Koramangala). With the funding, the company has announced that it will now be opening in fourth location (HSR Sector 4) shortly!
The space is available 24×7 and its monthly membership plans varies between INR 4500 to INR 8000 per seat/month. It also offers daily & weekly plans.
Shesh Paplikar, CEO & Founder of BHIVE Workspace, firmly believes that co-working spaces are essential to developing a growing and vibrant entrepreneurial ecosystem in India. He reflects that while an entrepreneur or a startup spends time, efforts and investments on taking an idea to the next level, there exists many trivial, yet significant, issues that grab attention. Finding the right workspace, maintenance of office space, bill payments and operations, house-keeping and security, procuring food and beverages etc. are a few such distractions. Setting up the perfect backdrop to fix this issue or to amplify one’s productivity, lead to the conception of BHIVE Workspace.
Placed in prime locations in Bangalore, BHIVE houses enthusiasts across various work profiles like – Tech, Software, Mobile, Hardware, IOT, Fintech, Education, Innovation, Foodtech, Gaming, ecommerce, B2B, B2C, Hyperlocal, Social Impact & freelancers. The coming together of amazingly different yet like-minded and industrious individuals, in such a vibrant workspace, to meet, collaborate, communicate and exchange ideas, often creates value that nourishes the whole community.
Speaking over investment, Arihant Patni, investor, says, “Entrepreneurs need all the help they can get to achieve their vision. Physical work space is one thing, but having support from a community of mentors and other entrepreneurs in the same space is a big asset. BHIVE aims to provide this ecosystem in a way that will really help startups get to the next level. I am excited to support them in this journey.
Some Member Focussed Benefits are:
- Access to a growing and well networked startup community
- Connects with investors from across the globe
- Free events, mentoring sessions, panel discussions and workshops across varied areas like funding, women entrepreneurship, investments, legal etc.
- Internal and informal events to trigger interaction within BHIVE, and parties in prominent hangout zones to help initiate collaboration within the start-up community, mentors and investors in Bangalore.
- Dedicated games area to leave members refreshed after their breaks
- Strong fitness focus to reflect as a good work-life balance in member lives
- Special discounts & services from BHIVE partners across different sectors benefiting the community
- The community app & mailing list to stay regularly updated about the recent successes and needs of the community, which in turn helps many internal companies to get new in-house business & references.
Welcome to Flash Feed, your essential source for breaking news and innovation from around the web – bite-sized and updated all day.