While estimates say that India will be home to over 100K active startups by 2025, up to 90% of Indian startups shut shop merely five years after their inception. This can be attributed to a lot of factors such as lack of innovation, mentorship, investments and more. But the fact remains that many of these 100K startups are starting off today as an idea.
To counter these issues, ecosystem stakeholders are working to bring these ideas into the open in the form of summits and programmes. Among those stakeholders is UIncept Accelerator. Since its inception four years ago, the accelerator has worked with over 30 startups and has helped them raise over INR 40 Cr in investments.
To further amplify the message of creating future-proof businesses, UIncept recently-launched iXi Summit 2020, which is to be held in UIncept’s HQ in Gurugram on February 5-6.
A two-day summit, iXi stands for ‘Ideas meet Investors’ and aims to bring entrepreneurs, investors, mentors and policy-makers together to help push the startup agenda.
iXi summit 2020 is bringing many investors and accelerators to the summit to help unearth new ideas. Through the summit, UIncept is enabling startups from across India to counter issues such as attracting the right investors, obtaining mentorship, understanding the right approach to enter the market and more.
“As an accelerator, we wish to contribute towards reducing the high mortality rate for startups in the ecosystem. With events such as iXi, we want to take the conversation beyond just starting up to thriving.” – Manish Gupta, founder and chief mentor, UIncept
The last date for registering for the iXi summit is January 28, apply now before all the slots are booked.Request For Your invite
Why iXi Summit 2020 Matters For Startups
The iXi summit provides startups with a platform to interact with successful entrepreneurs, learn from their experiences, understand the dynamics of scaling up and more. Over the course of the two-day summit, UIncept is hosting workshops, panel discussions and more to help entrepreneurs understand the reality of the market and the investment process.
Building A Future-Proof Business
The summit is hosting various workshops to help entrepreneurs understand the legal and people aspects of building a scalable business. These include topics such as:
- How solid is your business idea: A face-off with successful entrepreneurs
- How is technology transforming traditional businesses
- Choosing the right mentors and investors
Women In The Startup Ecosystem
To boost the participation of women in the startup ecosystem, the accelerator is hosting a panel discussion—Women Entrepreneurs: Why the world needs more ‘Boss Ladies’ and what’s holding them back?
Mental Health Talks
To help entrepreneurs counter mental health issues that come with building a startup, UIncept is putting emphasis on self-care with sessions such as:
- Overcoming the fear of failure
- The Success Attitude: What makes a successful entrepreneur beyond a great business idea
Other Panel Discussions And Fireside Chats
Right from quitting jobs and starting-up to the role of incubators and accelerators, iXi Summit 2020 is hosting panel discussions and fireside chats—such as How to quit your job and startup: Catering to different age groups and career stages—to help budding and aspiring entrepreneurs in the current startup ecosystem.
Other Perks And Opportunities For Startups
- Potential of investment by the panel of investors and funds
- Finding the right mentors to scale up business ideas
- Networking with other startups and entrepreneurs across domains
- Access to UIncept Accelerator’s network of mentors, investors and startups
- An opportunity to get digital tools worth USD 10K at The Investor Pitch
The Who’s Who Of The Startup World?
Among the confirmed attendees of the iXi summit are many prominent names from the startup ecosystem, joining the UIncept team as speakers and investors.
Speakers In The Summit:
- Ankur Warikoo, founder, Nearbuy.com
- Sairee Chahal, founder and CEO, Sheroes
- Rohit Kapoor, CEO, Asia Pacific, OYO
- Raghav Verma, cofounder, Chayoos
- Udit Mehrotra, founder and CEO, Spectra
- Saurabh Jain, vice president, Paytm
- Subir Malik, founder, Parikrama
Investors In The Summit:
- Amit Mehra, founding principal/analyst, Unicorn India Ventures
- Anirudh Suri, founding partner, India Internet Fund
- Sarvesh Kanodia, principal, Omidyar Network India
- Krishnan S, Central Square Foundation
Sector-agnostic angel investors and VC funds are likely to get a chance to back great ideas at an early stage.
“We are inviting startups, investors and entrepreneurs from across the country to register themselves for the summit. With a stellar lineup of speakers and investors, we’re sure that iXi summit will deliver on its promise of helping businesses be future-ready,” added Divvya Guptaa, CEO, UIncept.
iXi Summit Hackathons And Investor Pitches
In investor pitches, there are two categories from which the startups can apply:
- Student/Idea stage – UIncept is inviting applications from budding entrepreneurs in their idea/early stages.
- Acceleration stage – This category invites applications from startups who already have their MVP in place and eyeing at scaling up. These startups need to have some good tractions/paying customers and revenue on their books.
With edtech as its theme, the Hackathons are open to all startups (including students and early-stage startups). UIncept will be choosing the participants of the hackathon based on their problem-solving technique, the composition of their team, previous development experience and more. To be held on February 4-5, the Hackathons will award two winners with INR 1 Lakh each as RKG Excellence Award.Book Your Slot In The Hackathon