X- SEED – XIMB
X-SEED, the… X-SEED, the idea and initiative cell of XIMB
X-Seed, the Idea and Initiative Cell of XIMB, inspires individuals not to be good managers but be great leaders. Entrepreneurship is ‘an individual’s ability to turn Ideas into Action’. The world is growing and every day a new idea or technology becomes obsolete. To cope up with this change, new and innovative ideas are the need of the hour. As resources are so freely available and information is vastly present, entrepreneurship is gaining importance as never before. Established in 2012, X-SEED strives to create an ecosystem of entrepreneurship by providing mentorship, practical learning and opportunity to work on your dream idea. It fosters innovation and compels individuals to think out of the box. It is a non-profit voluntary club formed by the students to inculcate the entrepreneurial spirit in others. It takes initiatives to organize talks with entrepreneurs, assists in bringing live projects for students and also organizes discussions to give students a platform to put forth their ideas.
Xavion is the Entrepreneurship Summit of XIMB/XUB. X-SEED aims to bring entrepreneurial spirit among XIMB community as well as outside, by organising number of events over the three day period.
Details of the event are as follows:
The event will kick start with an interactive “invite-only” event of 2 hours. Speakers will be senior officials from USF, Bangalore.Unitus Seed Fund is a new $23 million seed-stage investment fund based in Bangalore and Seattle that invests in start-ups innovating for the masses in India.
Participants of the event will be budding entrepreneurs from Bhubaneswar as well as in-house talents of XIMB who are planning to start their venture in a short period.
The session will comprise of a discussion session, networking opportunities and possibility of funding for start-ups.
- Launch Pad Finals:LaunchPad is a pan India B-Plan competition organized by X-SEED in association with Serverdial.com. The competition is open to B-school students across the nation. LaunchPad is a platform for all aspiring entrepreneurs to give wings to their dreams and includes exciting prizes more than Rs. 1 lakh.
- Workshop on Start-up Finance: The workshop will be organised under the guidance of Debasish Mahapatro, Director & CEO, Verve Consulting.
Mr. Debasish, the founder Director, is a Management Graduate from Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta. He has a degree in Mathematics from St. Stephen’s College, Delhi and is a Gurukul alumnus of the London School of Economics and Political Science. With a career spanning over 15 years, he is involved in strategic planning, forging international partnerships, organizational development, and leading key business development initiatives at Verve.
- Workshop on Impact investment: The workshop will be taken up by Mr. Binayak Acharya, USF scout and founder of TatvaGyan. Impact investment is a form of socially responsibleinvesting that serves as a guide for various investment strategies. These investments are made into companies, organizations, and funds with the intention to generate a measurable, beneficial social or environmental impact alongside a financial return.
- Workshop focussed on Ventures at the BOP (Base of Pyramid): The workshop will be under guidance of eminent faculty of XIMB, Dr. D. V. Ramanna, Professor, Accounting M.Com, MPhil, PhD (Utkal University) in association with the British Council.
X-SEED, XIMB will host the Annual Entrepreneurship panel discussions under the banner IGNITE. The aim of this event is to bring together eminent personalities from diverse backgrounds, including academia, corporate and have a stimulating discussion on contemporary issues related to Entrepreneurship and Innovation. It also facilitates free exchange of ideas and also to bring together diverse stakeholders like members of the industry, academia and student body onto one platform.
Speakers of the event:
- Chinmoy Panda, CEO, Mindfire Solutions
Mr. Panda is a BITS Pilani graduate and IIM-A alumnus. Mindfire Solutions, founded in Delhi in 1999, is an India-based offshore software development company providing customized services and solutions. It’s an ISO 9001:2000 certified company and a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner as well as an Apple Premier Partner. It employs more than 700+ workers in its two engineering centres in Delhi,Bhubaneswar and Bangalore, catering to more than 100 clients in the US and Europe.
- Vaibhav Agarwal, Founder and CEO at Inc42 Magazine.
Inc42 Magazine is an online media portal working towards fostering entrepreneurship and startup ecosystem in India.
- Jonathon Bill
Mr Bill is a corporate and start-up innovator and business maker. He is Board Advisor, Founder and Angel Investor. He owns and works with high growth Mobile and Internet businesses focussed on Developing Markets. He has 12 years of Mobile internet and Telecoms experience at Director level in UK, Asia and Africa and 7 years digital media experience at Director level in UK / EMEA including start-ups and large enterprises.
- Kanika Tekriwal, Co-founder and CEO at JetSetGo Aviation Services Pvt Ltd
Ms. Tekriwal started her career with India Bulls Aviation and working for close to a decade in the industry in both India and UK she is determined to revolutionize the private aviation business in India by systematically leveraging technology and partnerships to address deep-rooted bottlenecks that exist in the industry. Her determination to never give in will help JetSetGo charter new territory