Venture Capital 101/102 for Startups and Entrepreneurs
This is an intensive 1 Day Workshop series which will teach you the basics of Venture Capital. This interactive session is specially useful for Entrepreneurs or Startups enthusiasts who might be looking to raise funds from Angel Investors or Venture Capitalists. It is always a good idea to understand the basics of Venture Capital fundraising before approaching a Lawyer.
This Workshop will be delivered by experienced guest speakers and Entrepreneurs who will help you to get a strong understanding of fundraising.
Related Article: Startup Funding Made Easy | Let’s Venture
The event is split into two Workshops followed by Guest Speaking session & Do It Yourself (DIY) group activity. The Agenda is listed below:
VENTURE CAPITAL 101: TERM SHEETS [10:30 AM – 1:30 PM]
- Introduction to the Venture Capital Industry
- Latest trends in VC Funding
- How to Raise Money & convince Investors?
- Details of the Term Sheet
- Control Terms
- Cap Table
- How to split Equity among Co-Founders?
- Fundraising Techniques: Horse Race, Rabbit, and Heads-up
- Negotiation Tactics
- Myths about Venture Capital
- Question & Answer Session
LUNCH BREAK [1:30 PM – 2:30 PM]
VENTURE CAPITAL (VC) 102: FINANCIAL VALUATIONS [2:30 PM – 5:30 PM]
- Valuations: Art not Science
- Latest Trends
- Documents required for valuations
- Most common valuation techniques
- Tricks: Hack’s, Do’s and Dont’s
STARTUP FOUNDER TALK [5:30 PM – 6:00 PM]:
INTERACTIVE GROUP ACTIVITY: DO IT YOURSELF SESSION [6:00 PM – 7:00 PM]:
- Harvard Business Case Study: Evaluating Venture Capital Term Sheets