STARTSMART-The Startup Bootcamp
E-Cell, Guru… E-Cell, Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University
STARTSMART-THE STARTUP BOOTCAMP
Have you ever thought of owning your own start-up?
Have you ever thought what it takes to come up with the next Million Dollar Idea?
Have you ever thought what a Business Plan is?
Have you ever wondered how Start-ups raise Million Dollar investments?
If you answered any of the questions in affirmative, StartSmart- TheStartup Boot-camp, is just for you. The boot-camp will span over 4 workshops starting with ILLUMINATE on 9th October, 2016.
Whom are these workshops for?
1. Start-up enthusiasts
2. Future Entrepreneurs
1. ILLUMINATE (9th OCTOBER 2016)
How to start up?
We bring to you the basics of starting up! Beginning with insights into entrepreneurship and taking you all the way to the final pitch, we will cover it all. Highlighting the challenges involved in a business and how to overcome them. Starting up is one thing, but who are your co founders is a whole other problem. We discuss with you the importance of the founding team and their composition along with role of each founder and their skill set requirement. Other aspects covered in the workshop would be problem identification, idea generation, formation of a business model and basic financial literacy required for a start up.
In short, you’ll learn:
1. What the key requirements for ‘Starting-up’ are,
2. How to Identify Problems, come up with Business Ideas and Validate them.
3. To make detailed Business Models for your Start-up.
4. About the financial side of Start-ups: Revenue Models, VCs and Angel Investments etc.
5. The importance of team building and learn how to choose the right persons for your start-up.
What will the attendees get?
1. Certificate from E-cell, IIT Bombay.
2. Start-up Kit.
3. Tons of invaluable Start-up fundas.
4. Your Start-up’s Co-founders (If you are lucky)
At the end of the workshop the students will be divided up into teams and each team will be given a model company. The students will formulate a business model of this company which will be discussed in detail in the third workshop.
2. STORY-THE STRUGGLE BEHIND THE SUCCESS (17th October)
Learning from your mistakes is great. But learning from others’ mistakes is even better. Providing you an opportunity to come face to face with successful entrepreneurs will do just that. We welcome you to the ‘behind the scenes’ of the making of a start up. Come and get inspired! We provide a platform for you to interact with successful entrepreneurs and make you question yourselves “if they can, why not me?”
List of Speakers:
1. As of now. We have four confirmed speakers.
1. Puneet Raman (provision.in)
2. Prachi Garg (ghumofiro.com)
3. Founder, Geeks4geeks.
4. Founder, SWIGGY.
3. MODUS OPERANDI – FROM INTENTION TO EXECUTION (19th October)
Theoretical knowledge is just half the story. What comes after is the most important part!
Learning something is one thing but actually applying it practically is another. In this workshop we help you bring to life all that you learned in the first workshop and more! We discuss business models that have been made by you, the challenges you’ve faced in doing so and how you can overcome them.
We shall further touch upon the funding aspects of a start up and the exit options that need to be put into place before stepping into the start up arena.
Next on agenda will be revenue models. How to make them and what they are all about. And once again you will be asked to prepare revenue models for your respective model companies.
4. SUIT UP! (22nd October)
In this workshop we will highlight the legal aspects of a start up. A gist of the same is as follows:
– What are the types of business entities.
– How to choose the most suitable business entity for your startup
– Incorporated startup vs. Non-incorporated Startup
2. LEGAL DOCUMENTATION:
– What are the different legal documents involved.
– Key clauses to keep in mind before entering into any agreement.
– How to make a term-sheet.
– How to negotiate investments
3. Licences and Registrations.
– Mandatory Licences to be acquired before and after ‘starting-up’.
– Cost of acquiring Licences
– Penalties in absence of such licences.
4. Basics of Intellectual Property Rights.
– Importance of Copyrights, Trademarks and Patents for startups
– Modes of enforcement
– Assignment/Licencing of IPRs.
5. Start-up India Action Plan and IT Laws:
– How to register your start-up under the Action Plan
– Key Benefits to Startups
– Tax exemption to Startups
– Validity of e-contracts.