Punjab Start-up Summit 2018
With the roll out of campaigns like ‘Make in India’, Digital India, Start-Up India Stand-Up India, India’s services sector and the manufacturing sector is in for a quantum leap. The prime concern for ease of doing business coupled with easy availability of initial funding schemes, single window systems, online approvals, evolving technology, and an ever burgeoning domestic market are no less a reason for stirring up the Start-Up revolution in India.
The enabling Start-Up ecosystem has led to an immaculate projection of more than 11,500 Start-Ups by 2020 from a mere 3,100 Start-Ups in 2014. India has emerged as the 4th largest ecosystem in the world for Start-ups, after the US, the UK and Israel, with rapidly evolving ecosystem, driven by an extremely young, diverse and inclusive entrepreneurial landscape.
Binging on the entrepreneurial spirit of the demographic dividend of North India, Punjab Chamber of Commerce and Industries, PCCI is organising the Punjab Start-Up Summit, 2018 to enable, accelerate and make the environment more conducive for the growth of the North India’s Start-Up ecosystem.
Related Article: Start-Up Summit & TechAwards, 2016
The idea of Punjab Start-Up Summit, 2018 is to develop the entire eco-system for the growth of the Start Ups in Northern in general and Punjab in particular from informing Start Ups with their capital requirements, incubation, issues related to intellectual property, marketing support, financial and technical help to scale up their businesses.
Riding on the entrepreneurial spirit and the relatively good quality of life in Punjab, the objective of the Punjab Start-Up Summit, 2018 is to:
– Harness demographic dividend
– Help create a Vibrant Entrepreneurial Ecosystem
– Encouraging Start-ups in Punjab to nurture, implement and grow their businesses ideas and commercialize their innovations in tune with ‘Make in India’ and ‘Digital India’.
– Create a mechanism for mentoring by successful entrepreneurs in India and abroad to accelerate young enterprises
– Provide platform for entrepreneurs, financers, mentors and other stakeholders from across India to engage and collaborate
– Sharing of ideas, best practices, and develop solutions & partnerships that benefit Punjab
– Initiate and Encourage collaborative thought process to explore new trends, opportunities, and challenges in – – – – Entrepreneurship and Youth Empowerment
– Integrate entrepreneurs of this region with the expanding pool of Indian Entrepreneurs.
Shri Vijay Inder Singla, Hon’ble Minister for Information Technology, Government of Punjab has extended his kind consent to grace the occasion as Chief Guest.