iSPIRT Announces InnoFest, A Day Long Innovation Festival
First of its kind” marquee event to kick-start the next innovation wave in India Bangalore takes the lead in showcasing Public-Private Partnership
iSPIRT, Indian Software Product Industry Roundtable, a think tank dedicated to the cause of the Indian Software Product Industry has announced the launch of InnoFest – a one day Innovation festival organized and sponsored together by Public and Private Enterprise.
The event will be held in Bangalore at the Institute of Science on 22nd August 2015. More than 1,000 professionals are expected to participate from all across the country.
The patrons of the event are Ravi Shankar Prasad, Minister of Communications and Information Technology, Government of India; Dr Arvind Panagariya, Chairman, NITI Aayog; Jayant Sinha, Minister of State for Finance, Government of India; Nandan Nilekani, Former Chairman of Infosys and Former Chairman of UIDAI; Kiran Mazumdar Shaw, Chairman and Managing Director of Biocon and Mohandas Pai, Chairman of the Board, Manipal Global Education.
Presenting his views on the launch, Mohandas Pai said, “The idea of InnoFest is absolutely aligned with the Government’s thinking. If we are going to increase productivity, employment and opportunity for everyone in this country then we need a grassroots movement that will bring the best ideas to the table. Our Prime Minister Mr. Narendra Modi has great vision in developing 100 smart cities across the country as well as a digital India and a leading science and technology program; innovation will certainly be a key driver for all these initiatives.”
The Speakers of this event will be Shridhar Venkat (MD Akshaya Patra), Bhavish Aggarwal (CEO Ola), Naveen Tewari (CEO, InMobi), Phanindra Sama (Former CEO, RedBus), K Ganesh (CEO, Portea Medical), Arundhati Nag (South Indian polyglot film actress and theatre personality), Kshitij Marwah (MIT Media Labs), Alok Goel (MD, Saif Partners), Kailash Katkar (CEO, QuickHeal Technologies) and Rohan Shravan (Founding Drirector, Notion Ink).
InnoFest is the vision for India’s entrepreneurial future. An innovation fest built to unite the voices of millions of entrepreneurs and innovators. A coming together of incredible minds who now not only want to know, but also want to show its entrepreneurial prowess.
According to Sharad Sharma, co-founder of iSPIRT and co-convenor of InnoFest, “If companies can innovate and transform their functioning and performance radically, why can’t countries? The idea of InnoFest is to distil the best ideas in enterprise and inspire individuals, corporates and Government organizations to take innovation to the common man. We are delighted that the Government has stepped in in a big way to enable this transformation and this cooperation between public bodies and private enterprises will lay the foundation for radical transformation in the country.”
Innofest is offering 25% discount on tickets for Inc42 readers, check website for more details and use code “INC-InnoFest” while registering.
Here is the complete schedule
- Workshop on 3D Printing by Stratasys and DesignTech Systems LIMITED
- Maker Ammunition: Autodesk, Stratasys, Bosch, DesignTech, SVP Laser Technology
- Maker Flash: Individual Project Showcase
- Product Showcase by Crossworks
- Product Showcase by InfraEyes
- Product Showcase by Look Mobility
- Product Showcase by Novatech Robo
- Product Showcase by Teewe
- DIY: Hackteria – Open Source Biology, art/science collaborations and electronic experimentation.
- YIZ Expo
- Interaction : Tesseract – Live Virtual Reality Gaming Competition
- Interaction : TimeBlur – Bringing art, laws of nature and mathematics together
- Showcase : Aadivaahan – Using first principles to transform engineering efficiency
- Showcase : Paper Art Prodigy – Rishikesh Potdar
- Showcase : SERVe – Indigenous, student built electric solar vehicle