In10 Hours Startup Hackathon – Convert ideas into fundable Startups
Pradeep Prab… Pradeep Prabhu
With a very hands-on approach, this 10 Hours hackathon will help Entrepreneurs and Startup Founders to convert their ideas into validate Business Models. Based on this Business Model, they will design their Financial Model. Finally, they will pitch this to Investors & Mentors in the jury who will offer Prizes including possible funding support.
AGENDA IS LISTED BELOW:
- Startups pitch their ideas
- Voting & selection of top ideas
- Conversion of ideas into business models (with help from mentors)
- Design the Lean Startup process and decide the important metrics to focus on
- Teams use their business models & metrics to project their financial valuations & cash flow requirements
- Feedback & possible funding for the teams
ABOUT THE EVENT ORGANIZER:
Pradeep is the Founder & CEO of Startup Wizardry (http://www.startupwizardry.com),which is an events company that specializes in Entrepreneurship related events. He’s an Events Manager, Business Model Innovator, and Venture Capital Enabler (Angel/Seed/VC). He’s very active in Bangalore’s Startup ecosystem, having organized several events which has helped Founders to build sustainable and scalable Startups. He’s an Events Organizer for Startup Pirates (Portugal: http://www.startuppirates.org/), Startup Weekend (Techstars, USA: https://startupweekend.org), and Rockstart Answers (Amsterdam: https://www.rockstart.com/answers/). He’s the Curator of Startup Digest Bangalore (TechStars, USA https://www.startupdigest.com).
Related Article: Startup Weekend Delhi (DTU)
He has mentored several Startups at Accelerators such as NUMA (Paris: http://numabengaluru.com/) , Institute of Product Leadership (Bangalore: http://www.productleadership.in) , & Raffles Design School (Bangalore: http://rafflesbangalore.com).
Prior to this, he worked as a Management Consultant at US Government Agencies like Client Network Services Inc., (CNSI)/US Department of Agriculture (USDA) in Washington DC, & short term gigs @ innovative startups like ZoomCars (Bangalore), Plutora (Australia), & G2G (Bangalore). He is a Computer Science/MIS graduate from the State University of New York (SUNY), Binghamton.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- Tickets once purchased are non-refundable under any circumstances and cannot be transferred to anyone else. However, it can be used for future events in case if the ticket owner can’t make it on the specified event day. (Note: This Workshop will be repeated every monthly once)
- This ticket is applicable only for the duration specified in the event agenda
- Lunch is not included in the ticket. Light snacks & coffee/tea will be provided between breaks
- Participants are required to bring their laptops. Since this is a hands-on practical session, some of the activities will be performed in your laptops
“Founders go wrong when they start to believe their business plan will materialize as written. I advise entrepreneurs to burn their business plan – it’s simply too dangerous to the health of your business.” ~ Alexander Osterwalder (Strategyzer)
“If you’re trying to create a company, it’s like baking a cake. You have to have all the ingredients in the right proportion” ~ Elon Musk (Tesla)
“Just as we tend to underestimate the role of luck in life in general, we tend to overestimate it in games of chance” ~ Nassim Nicholas Taleb (Banker & Economist)
“When Facebook first started, and it was just a social directory for undergrads at Harvard, it would have seemed like such a bad startup idea, like some student side project” ~ Paul Graham (Y Combinator)